facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT1-C started! but not for long.

• SKYDANCER46
  • SKYDANCER46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by SKYDANCER46 on topic CT1-C started! but not for long.

Pete,

You are correct, When it backfired the last time it blew the left crank seal off. That's a good thing because now i know why it wouldn't restart. I looked carefully at the crank play (movement) and its the bearing itself and there is some play between the crank and inner bearing race. I am hoping the bearing is just worn. The center cases are good. 

Pulled the engine out yesterday. going to split the cases and rebuild the bottom end. Thinking about going right to 2nd over to have the cylinder bored and past on 1st over just in case it didn't clean up good with 1st over. 

Will be replacing crank bearings, all seals, gaskets, clutch plates and friction plates and what ever else i seen worn. New top end. Should run nice after it's done.

1970 DT250C
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Pete-RT1, mtalley11
08 Aug 2021 09:33 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Capt.Dave on topic CT1-C started! but not for long.

Yep ran my race bike for 4 years, no problems.
08 Aug 2021 16:22 #22

• SKYDANCER46
  • SKYDANCER46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by SKYDANCER46 on topic CT1-C started! but not for long.

Went ahead and split the cases today. Took about  a hour. surprisingly in good condition besides the crank bearings and seals. Just waiting on my BIG partzilla order to arrive so i can slap it back together.

1970 DT250C
14 Aug 2021 17:53 #23

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart