facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

MY RECENT ACQUISITION 1968 DT1

• dirttrackstar
  • dirttrackstar's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by dirttrackstar on topic MY RECENT ACQUISITION 1968 DT1

I didnt reply 'cause I was too busy wiping the drool and slobber off the seat - it was +7 here today so I used that opportunity to drag the carcase minus wheels and tank and seat to a car wash and give it a good cleanup.

Ive ordered new brake shoes even though the originals are still within spec, but Ive had multiple experiences with shoes delaminating, so better safe than sorry, New fork seals, cables and a few bits and pieces and thats it.

NO Im not telling how much I paid for it. The daughter of the original owner was very generous lets say.

I suspect its going to end up in New Zealand once travel is allowed. It will fit in very nicely there for a cruise to the pub on a Saturday afternoon via a few dirt tracks .
DT Star
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Bigdog302
02 Dec 2020 16:57 #11

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dirttrackstar
  • dirttrackstar's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by dirttrackstar on topic MY RECENT ACQUISITION 1968 DT1

grew up in Kempsey up the North Coast....my book will be released for general criticism and lots of negative commentary shortly. Spent 30 years there and emigrated to Canada to work for the provincial government for a few years, then went into oil field manufacturing, ice racing, motocross etc.
We have a daughter and two grand children now in Auckland so we now spend 6 months a year there, with the occasional jump across the ditch to the lucky country. Have family all over the east coast.
Did you see the DT1 featured on Old Bike Australasia couple of years ago? Tons of things wrong with it - it was a bit embarrassing as it was front page.
I owned a perfect bike about 10 years ago and sold it for $600 and thought Id robbed the guy...not any more.
Where you at?
DTStar
02 Dec 2020 17:39 #12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart