facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Rt1mx piston skirt length

Replied by RT325 on topic Rt1mx piston skirt length

Thankyou for those vids. Sounds good in both & not as wild in piston port trim.
So that's with the flywheel mag with the advanceing cam.
They [RT2MX] were even more lethal with the small internal rotor cdi mag.
DT2MX also had internal rotor but with points--which was excellent too.
My boss [getting on in 'racing' years at the time] found the RT2MX a handful, so i put a DT1 flywheel Mag on for him which worked great.
So then i put his internal rotor RT2MX cdi mag on my GYT kitted DT1 & was just great.
So we were both happy.

That early small rotor cdi mag didn't have built in retard at revs like modern setups.
But they had a two stage pulser which retarded for starting which was very necessary on a 360 & then jumped to advance & held there throughout the revs.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, Knutco11
Last edit: 25 Dec 2023 01:27 by RT325.
25 Dec 2023 01:22 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Knutco11
  • Knutco11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Knutco11 on topic Rt1mx piston skirt length

One last lengthy reply, and I will leave this post for dead, lol.  Ultimately this has been a search for me, for the best overall performance and rideability.  I've been seeing a trend recently, that being oem configuration is hard to beat.  The rt1mx top end matched to the rt1mx pipe is far superior, compared to the mismatched rt2mx top end.  Throttle response is everything if you ask me.  I've now had some time to dabble with the gearing, and once again, I'm lead back to oem specs.  I am running 39/15 gears (aka stock enduro gears) with the wide ratio enduro transmission.  No comparison being able to use the low gears now, the spacing is all wrong otherwise.  1st-3rd are nicely spaced, 4th is a good compromise between a dirt bike 4th and 5th gear, and 5th is just for road riding.  So it makes it a solid 4 speed transmission really, with overdrive.  Moral of my story:  if in doubt, do a little reading in the service manual!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Gr8uncleal, Ht1kid, pahiker
28 Dec 2023 10:30 #12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart