facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

73 MX 250 front number plate

• hackman101
  • hackman101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

73 MX 250 front number plate was created by hackman101

Does anyone out there have a bike that has the original one?  I would like to confirm its size and material (plastic or metal or ???). I have reproduction decals from Yamatopdog on Ebay and the front is not the same size as the side panels. According to my Inspiration" photo, presumably a pic from Yamaha, it does appear to be smaller than the side panels. The decal I have is 8X10", the side panels are 9X11". FWIW, the vendor sent me 2 of the same size, the smaller size and I responded  back to him, he says he will correct it, after I confirmed what I had, which I did. He has not gotten back to me yet, it has been 2 days. So I just sent another message through Ebay about the possibility of sending me 2 9X11s instead of one and I will send back both 8X10s at my cost if he could send me 2.I am pursuing this route since the only 8X10 plate I can find is aluminum. I will get that if anyone can confirm that the original is metal, if plastic is confirmed I will go with the 9X11s
1973 MX250
Past rides 45 years ago (and longer)
1964 Honda 50cc C110
1960s Yamaha 65cc scooter
1960s Honda 65cc w/ 90cc engine mashup
1971 DT1-E modified to MX kinda...
10 Jun 2023 11:28 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart