facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1973 Rt-3

• Hammer
  • Hammer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

1973 Rt-3 was created by Hammer

Folks, It's time.  I have decided that the time to let someone else enjoy what has, for me, been nothing but GREAT times for me.  I bought this, original, unrestored, on-line.  When it got here, I dealt with the usual problems, like the clutch actuator (with a permanent fix!) and then added everything I would have added back in 1973, if I only had the money.  It's been to a number of California Dreamin' get togethers last one being in 2019, where I was T-boned outside of Lancaster, enroute to Hungry Valley.  Everything damaged was replaced, with BETTER parts than I had!  Since then I haven't ridden it very often, as my right knee is bad (I was supposed to have knee replacement, but our local Kaiser Permanente hospital discovered they had contaminated water, so I' m now in limbo.  I haven't ridden it for over a year (float bowl was drained and is dry).  I went out to go riding, and decided to replace the plug, as it had been in for over 18 months.  Pulling off the plug cap, I pulled the cap off of the lead itself.  I shortened it by 1/4" and found that it now didn't reach, so moved it into the other plug hole.  It's no-spark, probably since I haven't cleaned the points for over a year, and it had been setting.  At least the float bowl was drained, and is dry.  Anyway, I have two spare coils if it's that as well.  Starting up front, I replaced the fork springs with S&W springs, the seals, and new fork oil.  There is a 12V voltage regulator, and I'm running an H-4 Halogen light (brite!) and haven't blown a bulb since 2014.  It's got a Barnett clutch and springs, which were needed after adding and jetting for a Sleeper Pipe from Dave Meis (#24?), and the head has had .005" milled off.  It's got a K&N air cleaner, and a smaller tail/brake light that won't bite you in your privates.  It has a spring-loaded chain tensioner, originally designed for the DT-2/3 MX bikes, and a new chain.  It's also running a 16-tooth countershaft sprocket.  It handled rides from my home to the Border where I worked (INS/ICE/CBP), a 48 mile round trip, all freeway with no problem.  It's on a first over piston and rings, and I have the next oversize piston & rings from Wiseco ready when needed.  The autolube is working great as well.  I have enough spare parts, lights, gaskets, seals, levers, etc. to keep it running for another 15 years, or longer.  I can't add photos, but it's in my thumbnail, and anybody that has been to Cal Dreamin' and has ridden it, can speak to it's performance.  I have it jetted for approx 400 feet above sea level, and drop to a 270 when at Johnson Valley/Hungry Valley.  Lot's of spare jets, too.  There's also an item about my rebuilding it, after it was sabotaged--it's on here, somewhere...

Anyway, if interested, text me at 619/300-2049; I'm in the San Diego area.  A rear end carrier with loading ramp, large square mount, comes with it, too, if wanted.
Who, More than Self, His Country Loved.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2023 00:25 by Hammer.
16 Jun 2023 00:21 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart