facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

A T 3 value ?

• jez
  • jez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

A T 3 value ? was created by jez

Hi Fellas, can someone give me some idea of value for my AT 3 . i have fully restored it over the last couple of years and im thinking of selling to make some room for a new project. i cant see any for sale here in the U K at the moment so i have no reference . any thoughts would be great. thanks . 
27 Jan 2024 04:06 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic A T 3 value ?

If really nice, probably between £2k and £3k.

One of those things where people are prepared to spend more on restoring an item themselves than on buying one that has already been restored.

Also, as we didn't get the early trailies/enduros here in the UK, there's no nostalgia market to tap into, unlike, say, RDs, GTs, KHs etc. 
27 Jan 2024 04:42 #2

Replied by nhsteve on topic A T 3 value ?

Oh yes. Very true!! Both here and where you are I suspect. My dad always said they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. I have a current copy of a comprehensive price guide for almost every motorcycle. Shows a top value for a 1973 AT3 as being only $3000 (you'll have to adjust for your currency).

As I have a 1970 AT1 I will be rebuilding and I already know I will top out well above that. They are really probably all worth more parted out than whole.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

04 Feb 2024 09:41 #3

Replied by pahiker on topic A T 3 value ?

In the US, a quick check on bringatrailer.com indicates mid $3K, which seems to match about what they're selling for in the UK.
1973 Yamaha RT3
2024 Suzuki DR650
2023 Triumph Tiger 1200 GT Pro
04 Feb 2024 12:12 #4

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic A T 3 value ?

Did you see what Mark Knopfler’s guitar collection sold for? Amazing amounts spent.. Folks that had money spent on not so old stuff… but it was the artist that played them… Bear in mind, that doesn’t mean every one from that era was worth so much more…. A paradigm if you will..
sneeles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
04 Feb 2024 18:54 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart