facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Application for a UK Age Related Registration.

• Tinkicker
  • Tinkicker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
Got an envelope stuffed with documents to send off to the DVLA tomorrow morning. Anyone who has done this, please double check to ensure I have not missed anything. 
Envelope contains. 

Covering letter.
Completed V55/5 form, completed so far as I can.  Much of the info required on the form is not relevent.
Original NOVA Certificate.
Pic of driving licence to prove identity.
Original Dating Certificate from a DVLA approved source.
Full on side pics of left and right side of bike pre restoration.
Pic of VIN.
Pic of engine number.
Pic of left and right side of bike post restoration showing colour, graphics and all missing road equipment replaced, working and as original spec.
Registration fee. 

Cheers.
Last edit: 01 Jan 2024 09:19 by Tinkicker.
01 Jan 2024 09:17 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gr8uncleal
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Application for a UK Age Related Registration.

You probably don't need to provide the NOVA certificate, just the number. In fact, you might not even need to provide the number, as DVLA can probably locate it via the VIN.

Photos probably won't be needed.

Notwithstanding my comments above, it won't do any harm to include those documents.

Post covid, DVLA have, in many cases, asked for a third party to do a site visit on their behalf and check that the details provided on the V55/5 are correct. I had the same bloke for my two visits and it was all very painless. The company that DVLA use primarily provide a loss adjusting service for insurers, and the bloke who visited me said that having a natter and taking a couple of photos makes a nice change from his usual work.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Tinkicker
01 Jan 2024 10:17 #2

• Tinkicker
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Tinkicker on topic Application for a UK Age Related Registration.

Cheers Al.
01 Jan 2024 15:07 #3

Replied by Pete-RT1 on topic Application for a UK Age Related Registration.

Tinkicker, I fill in and send the V112 tax form too.
Hisoric tax class.
As Alan said, you don’t need the Nova or photos.
Last one I did was my DT175MX and just like Alan, a guy from DVLA came and had a look and a chat and that was that.
Previous bikes I registered didn’t get inspected.
Does your covering letter explain why you don’t have the foreign title docs?
Best of luck
Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Yamaha AT1-E
Yamaha AT1-C
Yamaha CT3
1978 Yamaha DT175MX
2020 Honda CB500X
02 Jan 2024 03:37 #4

• Tinkicker
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Tinkicker on topic Application for a UK Age Related Registration.

It is certainly a minefield.  There is no real clear guidance from DVLA as to what they require other than a minimum.

After a LOT of research, It also seems that there is no clear uniformity of precedure at DVLA either.  Some have provided the bare minimum without problem and some have had to jump through hoops.
TBH I have sent the papers off and am now rectally evacuating large, rectangular blocks of red, kiln fired clay, the purpose of which is for building house walls.

Form V55 has the applied for taxation class filled in as historic, so that should cover the tax and mot exempt status.  In addition, my covering letter makes clear it is an historic vehicle application.

Dating certificate says it was manufactured during Feb 1977 and has all its original major components.

Nova certificate states the bike was imported in 2019 by Classic Bike Imports Ltd.  So that hopefully covers the lack of US title documentation.  It does not state a registration on the certificate, just the make, model and vin number.

Two full page photos of the bike, left and right side pre resto.  Shows it to be a complete bike with all original units fitted.  A bike needs its original type frame, forks, wheels, tank, seat ect to be considered for historical status.  It can have a different engine than the one it left the factory with, but it must be of the same type.

Large pics of frame number and engine number confirm that the engine is original to the bike and the numbers have not been defaced.

Two photos post restoration to prove that everything orginal to the bike is as fitted when it was manufactured from wheels to colour and tank graphics.

They even have a large pic of my ugly mug, driver number, class entitlements, name and address on a large pic of my driving licence.

I really do not know what else they would need to know.

Its a waiting game now..
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
02 Jan 2024 13:27 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart