facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Yamaha Enduro Value

• plegne
  • plegne's Avatar Topic Author

Yamaha Enduro Value was created by plegne

I have an 1972 Yamaha Enduro 250.  I bought it new in 1972.  Its been sitting in storage since 1992.  Everything is original, fenders, seats, tank.  Missing turn signals. Mileage is 2300 original.   At my age of 75, I can't ride it anymore.  Need to sell it.  It is not running.  What is it worth?  Bike is in Minneapolis
14 Aug 2023 14:17 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic Yamaha Enduro Value

This is always a hard question to answer. Does it run? Does the engine even turn over? Stored inside or out? Everything is there, you say, but what shape is it in? The tank, the paint, the chrome, the engine. Still have the first title in your name? A 1-owner with the original title adds something like $500 I would think. Do you want to sell it quickly or are you willing to sit on it a while and be patient?
Post some detailed pictures, and guys will help you out with it. You might even get an unintended auction going. I've always wanted a 250; I might be interested if we knew more.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., MarkT, Ht1kid, msavitt
14 Aug 2023 14:54 #2

Replied by MarkT on topic Yamaha Enduro Value

Yes, what Motherbaugh said so eloquently... title, location, and especially condition make a huge difference. An all-original rust bucket with no title might be worth only a couple hundred. A very clean original with excellent original paint and no corrosion to speak of would be worth many times that.

Not running is actually a plus to a lot of people as long as engine is not locked up solid.

To post pictures, you'll need to upload them to a third party like Imgur and link them here.
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
14 Aug 2023 15:07 #3

Replied by asco on topic Yamaha Enduro Value

My normal reply is $200.00 not running no clear pink slip - no back dmv fees. Add clear title no issues add $500.00. Motor stuck deduct $600.00. Stored outside rust and seat disintegrated. Not interested.

asco
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
14 Aug 2023 19:18 #4

Replied by Tom P on topic Yamaha Enduro Value

Welcome, and we would love to see pics! Not living near the ocean, it may be in decent shape, and could be worth a decent amount if only needing minimal work to get her running. Also, you should have the title, another big plus. Hopefully you filed it planned non-operation when put into storage, so back registration fees won't be due.
17 Aug 2023 19:47 #5

Replied by nhsteve on topic Yamaha Enduro Value

I have a copy of the current "Comprehensive Vintage Motorcycle Price Guide" - 2023/2024, which lists darn near every motorcycle make and model and what a "suggested" value might be. They have 6 gradations of condition. 1 being a concours condition restoration or essentially new to 6 being a parts bike. They indicate that most bikes on the road settle into a class 3, or "Very Good", and class 4 is a basic, usable motorcycle with some flaws but functional. 

They list for a 1972 DT2 a high of $4500 to a low of $450. Members here may/will agree/disagree, and market variations come into play. What is desirable in California may not be so desirable in Minneapolis. Spend a few minutes looking on eBay, Cycletrader, or Bring-a-trailer to see if a bike similar to yours is for sale, and what the asking price is to get an idea of value vs. condition. When you do go to sell, clean sells easier (you already knew that). 

I am not pontificating here, just trying to help out! Best of luck! (and hey, I'm 73 and still riding a DT360A- maybe get it going and .....??)
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Enduronut, MarkT, Gr8uncleal, Ht1kid, Tom P
18 Aug 2023 07:35 #6

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Yamaha Enduro Value

"Spend a few minutes looking on eBay, Cycletrader, or Bring-a-trailer to see if a bike similar to yours is for sale, and what the asking price is to get an idea of value vs. condition." 

Also, on fleabay at least, look at what other bikes sold for. There are some bikes here in the UK that have been on fleabay for, literally, years - just way overpriced.
18 Aug 2023 07:53 #7

Replied by Tom P on topic Yamaha Enduro Value

NHSTEVE: "I am not pontificating here, just trying to help out! Best of luck! (and hey, I'm 73 and still riding a DT360A- maybe get it going and .....??)"

I hadn't ridden in decades when I dug into my CT-1, just as I was turning 68. Over a year later I've ridden over 2K miles, though just around town, and up and down PCH locally. However, it took months to get it ridable (though it was fun to do) and a PITA to get it plated, so it just depends on how the OP feels about it.
18 Aug 2023 09:59 #8

Replied by asco on topic Yamaha Enduro Value

We have our own set of rules, values and pricing here in California. The entire State has giant piles of long period outdoor stored motorcycles in the high and low deserts. Would not need a price guide to see how badly they want them off their property. One seller wants $200.00 for bikes that are 25% or more disassembled already. Gina, 1971’ DT1 BASKET CASE 12 months ago was $325.00. Not all parts were there for reassembly. 70 hours later and a couple thousand dollars we’re together but not tin painted.

asco
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
19 Aug 2023 10:04 #9

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart