facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

LED turn signals / flasher for 6 volt enduro's with turn signals

did exactly this and no tail light dimming and wow they are bright, worked a treat, thanks skydancer, recommend to anyone.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: SKYDANCER46, Ht1kid
04 Jul 2023 08:01 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SKYDANCER46
  • SKYDANCER46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
Ok, I'm back,

Man, I sure am busy this time of year!!  I finally received the Bikemaster diode kit Mark mentioned earlier in the thread. It works great too. Only difference is you don't have to run a long wire from P terminal (flasher relay) to the dark brown wire in the headlight bucket. So if you don't want to spend the extra $12.00 or wait for the diode kit just run the long wire. Doesn't take long to do. You will still need to add bullet connectors to the diode and run your ground wire. I just kept my ground wire that i ran into the black 3 wire connector and used it. See pictures. If you really want to make it perfect then use a black wire for the ground. I made a green wire as i have a ton of green wire laying around. You can see the diode connected on the left side in the headlight bucket. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This set up works so good i decided to leave it on the 71 DT1 250. Anyone riding these bikes would benifit from this as there brighter, faster and more precise in blinking. In the video below you cab see how bright they are however once the color lenses are installed there perfect as far as i am concerned. 

youtube.com/shorts/zl8KZ0dKRw4?feature=share

Still working on the dimming tail light and brake light issue. Nothing so far has come up defective or bad  as mentioned in the earlier thread and my conclusion keeps going back to the battery as the only problem? If you run this LED set up your problem is solved. 

But this still doesn't explain why some bikes have the issue and some still don't? 

1970 DT250C
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
Last edit: 06 Jul 2023 16:16 by SKYDANCER46.
06 Jul 2023 16:10 #12

I would say you can make your own diode Y for less than a dollar but all the local places like Radio Shack and Fry's seem to be gone. I still have some old resistors and diodes lying around but most people probably don't.

Thanks for posting your results!
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: SKYDANCER46
06 Jul 2023 19:14 #13

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart