facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Top end questions

• bhepp15
  • bhepp15's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by bhepp15 on topic Top end questions

I just found a wiseco piston and rings for 52.5 mm that fits the Rd. $100 a cylinder. I'll have my machinist bore and hone it all I then hopefully she'll be good to go. Just did a top end on my tri moto 175 and am going to start a full rebuild on the CT1 in the coming months as the crank is in rough shape.  
14 Sep 2022 09:18 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Top end questions

When its running you can get a good feel of how things are by pulling on one carb cable at a tim & see how one cylinder revs up while pulling a dead or closed throttle side along. Then same on other side & you'll soon see which side is healthy if there 'is' a problem. Gotta be careful though to get the cable back into the adjuster on the carb cap or she'll be trying to stay up in revs. Blocked header pipe almost stopped my LS3 100 twin but if your mileage is low then unlikely. Wonder if i can find that pic of mine on here.
Ok found it. Sorry if i'm repeating myself, i've used this pic a few times to get the point across. Click link below then scroll down.
yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/1972...aust-on-ls2-100-twin
Last edit: 14 Sep 2022 17:01 by RT325.
14 Sep 2022 16:58 #12

Replied by RT325 on topic Top end questions

Also on an RD200, or might've been a CS3E at work i had terrible rich running on one side in the low & midrange & just blubbered on one side & proved it by pulling cables individualy. Ended up being a crumbling air filter or something like that & a plug of something had got in the small airway to the needle jet--'emulsion tube'. Was happy to find that in the end, possibly more by luck than good management lol.
14 Sep 2022 17:08 #13

• bhepp15
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

coming back to this thread as I got bored and have the jugs and head on now. sadly i had to buy a new jug on eBay as my box broke on my way into the machine shop and the skirt broke :(  anyway got the exhaust mounted too and all that is left is carbs and reeds and intake manifold. I need new gaskets for the intake manifold and they are $10 a piece I dont want to pay that really as I need 4 of em. My question is can I use yamabond or gasket maker instead or is that a terrible idea? I would like to get her running with no more dollars as a bore and new pistons and gaskets already cost me more than I paid for the bike. But.. thats how it goes. 
28 Sep 2022 20:13 #14

Replied by Ht1kid on topic Top end questions

You can go to a Napa or auto parts store and buy some gasket material and make your on gaskets
The following user(s) Liked this Post: AirborneSilva
Last edit: 28 Sep 2022 20:40 by Ht1kid.
28 Sep 2022 20:38 #15

• bhepp15
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Jeez I completely forgot about that. That’s what I’ll do tomorrow and hopefully get her running 
28 Sep 2022 21:50 #16

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart