facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

74-75 Dt100-175a-b seat base

• Wrench66
  • Wrench66's Avatar Topic Author
  • Content Contributor
  • Content Contributor

74-75 Dt100-175a-b seat base was created by Wrench66

I can see that KDI is repopping seat bases for some of our bikes (which is a God send!) but has anyone seen new ones for these?
I'm doing a resto on a '75 DT175B and the seat base is swiss cheesed badly.....nice to see KDI have the foam and OEM style cover but need a nice base.
Thanks!
-- Ray
Nothing makes me smile like the smell of Blendzall green label ;)
03 Oct 2021 13:02 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ksours on topic 74-75 Dt100-175a-b seat base

My CT3 had a very cheesey seat. I could not find a respectible one so I used Bondo-Metal Reinforced Filler. It did a great job.
03 Oct 2021 13:51 #2

Replied by ksours on topic 74-75 Dt100-175a-b seat base

03 Oct 2021 13:53 #3

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by msavitt on topic 74-75 Dt100-175a-b seat base

total pain in the butt, but I bet you can make that base look great with a gallon of evaporust, a very stiff wire brush, some primer and paint if prongs and edge good enough to accept the ”U” shaped edge gasket. 
03 Oct 2021 17:45 #4

Replied by adguy2112 on topic 74-75 Dt100-175a-b seat base

I did a 79 DT100 recently with a super rotty edge on both sides. I ended up bending galvanized sheet metal over the edges and securing with stainless steel pop rivets. Had to cut the tangs to secure the new cover by hand. Foam had some sun wear and some missing chunks. I used big stuff spray foam for Window and door gaps. Spayed it on liberally, let it fully dry then shaved it off with my wife’s electric meat slicer and finished with a final spay of the foam but wiped it down before it bubbled up and dried. I know sounds pretty  rigged but it came out great. 
07 Oct 2021 23:35 #5

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart