facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT1 Clutch question

• adguy2112
  • adguy2112's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

CT1 Clutch question was created by adguy2112

Took the CT out for my first ride since getting it going. What a screamer. I’ve had lots of bikes but never a 175. People have said these has a sweet spot between 125s and 250s. Starting to understand why. I did notice there is a noticeable engine speed fluctuation while in most gears. Feels like the clutch is slipping. The clutch disengages right and the end of the handle release so thinking it’s time for new fibers. 
25 Sep 2021 15:08 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by alnarv on topic CT1 Clutch question

Not necessarily, first try adjusting the bolt on the "push screw" in the left case to ensure it is not holding the clutch partially disengaged.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
26 Sep 2021 07:04 #2

• adguy2112
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by adguy2112 on topic CT1 Clutch question

Thank you for the confirmation. It might have been adjusted too tight. I gave it a bit of play so we’ll try it again. I don’t like it letting off right at the end of the handle travel but If this works at least it will ride better in the interim. Thanks so much!
26 Sep 2021 10:24 #3

• adguy2112
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Yup! Was still slipping when I took it out today and couldn’t get it into first after it heated up. Not sure if the two are related.  Anyone have any issues with the aftermarket clutches out there on flea bay? I see partzilla has them at $15 per plate. $80 for a set is a hard pill to swallow if a $28 option will suffice. 

on another note I had to solder some cut wires on the lighting control switch. I prefer soldering to butt connectors. I’ve always had trouble getting the two wires to stay mated while I do the soldering. Tonight I wrapped a single thin copper wire around both  intended wires. Maybe people do this Technique all the time but Ive never hear of it. Worked like a charm!
26 Sep 2021 22:09 #4

Replied by RT325 on topic CT1 Clutch question

That's a good idea i've not tried.
26 Sep 2021 22:17 #5

Replied by JayB on topic CT1 Clutch question

ADGUY2112, I do this for splicing soldering wires, but they never look this pretty.  Stays together before soldering.

27 Sep 2021 03:31 #6

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• adguy2112
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Same idea JB but with a single 2” strand from a Separate wire. I took about a 1/4 inch of the strand and pinched it against the two wires on my left hand Then wrapped it around several times until it held together, cut off the excess then soldered away. I ended up with a clean less bulky result which accepted heat shrink tubing with barely a bump. All these year’s struggling with two wires and a messy result. 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, JayB
27 Sep 2021 04:38 #7

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart