facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

colour ?

• jez
  • jez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

colour ? was created by jez

Hi Guys, I am restoring a 1973 ct3. I am at the stage now where it is ready for painting, and so I wanted to know if all the painted parts should be the same dusty gold colour ? that would be head light bowl, head light brackets, oil tank and fuel tank . some parts look a little different colour but they could have faded over time . also is the paint colour still available ?any help is appreciated.
25 Oct 2020 08:23 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DaveHunter on topic colour ?

Hi jez, I’m in the process of painting my CT3 as well with VHT metallic burnt copper. Here’s a comparison between the two colors / VHT on top
There is a paint discussion on here I’d saved a screenshot for reference of the page discussing the ‘73 CT
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, mdscott
25 Oct 2020 10:17 #2

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by nhsteve on topic colour ?

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=224002542255&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

• jez
  • jez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by jez on topic colour ?

the colours are quite similar really. are all the parts painted in the same colour ?, I think the Californian sun has faded the fuel tank a bit.
26 Oct 2020 12:30 #4

Replied by HouseofEnduro on topic colour ?

Yes, originally they all would have been painted the same color. The candy paints are known to fade dramatically from sun, often the top of the tank turns nearly silver, sometimes the side of the tank that has been exposed to the sun for years when parked fades badly also. The oil tank is generally the best place to find your paint match, or the part of the gas tank that stays covered by the seat.
26 Oct 2020 18:59 #5

Replied by DaveHunter on topic colour ?

This VHT color changes quite a bit as you go through layering it on. I did not like it at first but after clearcoat and decals looks OK for what it will be used for which is weekend off road use.
No colorsanding and buffing on it I’ll probably wait till it gets some scratches and clean it up then.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Devin, MarkT, JayB, nhsteve
28 Oct 2020 14:47 #6

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by MarkT on topic colour ?

I think it looks great! :likey

Nice job!
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: DaveHunter
28 Oct 2020 15:59 #7

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart