facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

‘76 DT100 starting issue.

• johnny340
  • johnny340's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by johnny340 on topic ‘76 DT100 starting issue.

So I tried a new plug cap. Lots of spark! Good suction at the carb intake. Will Not run even with a drill cranking it over fairly fast. Frustrating!
09 Aug 2019 20:27 #11

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic ‘76 DT100 starting issue.

Got fuel. Has it got a crank key locating the flywheel as otherwise timing could be 'anywhere'. Sometimes if the key isn't a nice tight fit in the crank then when fitting the flywheel the key can get pushed up & away from the back, then you tighten the nut but the crank has moved in the flywheel before it bites on the taper & bingo--firing who knows, could be half a turn out but with what ya doing to try & start it--it's a wonder it's not had a major backfire even though it won't start. Faulty condenser. I dunno, probably covered all that without looking back. turning the correct way with the drill. Anti clock looking at the flywheel.
09 Aug 2019 22:09 #12

• johnny340
  • johnny340's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by johnny340 on topic ‘76 DT100 starting issue.

I don’t know why I never checked sooner but the compression is only 35psi!
Might explain it.:whistle:
17 Aug 2019 21:00 #13

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart