facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

'75 GT80

• Sweetsixteam
  • Sweetsixteam's Avatar Topic Author

'75 GT80 was created by Sweetsixteam

Hi there, my landlord has an old gt80 that i've been tinkering with and trying to get running.  Seems to have good spark, I could get it to run with a spray of brake clean near the carb.  Just for a couple seconds kind of thing.

So I got a carb rebuild kit, and swapped everything except the choke plunger that didn't quite fit.  Carb bowl fills but still won't run off the carb.

Does it need a battery to run?  Hopefully I'm posting in the right area.  Bike is in relatively nice shape.
18 Jun 2024 19:43 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Reed valve Richards
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by Reed valve Richards on topic '75 GT80

There are people on here way way more experienced than me. But if you are sure its a carb issue, have you checked that the choke pickup is not blocked. If you blow through it you can hear it open when its clear. The hole in it is teeny teeny tiny, I used a wire about the width of a hair to get mine cleared.
Yo Joe, Go Joe
18 Jun 2024 20:53 #2

• Sweetsixteam
  • Sweetsixteam's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Sweetsixteam on topic '75 GT80

Thank you, I'll check that.
18 Jun 2024 21:59 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart