facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1975 DT 175

1975 DT 175 was created by Jmelt

New coil, new points, new condinser, no spark. I did relocate the condiser next to the ignition coil, I have it plugged into the black and white wires going to the power side of the coil. The black wire going up to the plug is new and hooked straight to the points.I also hooked the wire from the source coil straight to the points. I get .01 resistance when points are closed and .04 resistance when coils are open. My source coils tested good, according to the only youtube video I could find. I wish their was a wiring diagram of just the stator. Cant seem to find one. Anyways if yall dont have any tips i guess ima trash this stator and get the one from HPI that allegedly does lights too.
31 Jul 2023 16:33 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Ht1kid on topic 1975 DT 175

Greetings from TennesseeĀ 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

31 Jul 2023 17:57 #2

Replied by RT325 on topic 1975 DT 175

Welcome from NZ.
I think you're doping it all ok. Condenser up top & into the black/white i'm thinking about--but i guess it all links to the black into the plug coil. I'd probably attach it right at the coil into the coil wire but yeah i guess they all link up & when you hit the kill switch it just shorts the black white via the black all the way to the stator so--yeah . So we'll say No Spark is unrelated to that for now. MarkT always says closed points should show Zero. You have Nearly Zero so is that a clue--i'm not sure. I'll link my video if i can find it & my meter won't zero so call where it goes to 'as zero' & i show the difference between closed then open on my working bike. I'm lost for now so hang about & i'll search for my vid.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
31 Jul 2023 18:15 #3

Replied by RT325 on topic 1975 DT 175

Hope these links are still live. I hit them & came up not good but then i did it again & played so i dunno. & as i said, where it stops which is 1 ohm--call it zero as won't zero out with leads touched together--it's just old!!. Just thinking i guess you're using a new fangled digital meter--too much for me lol & like to see the needle swing. Someone will say clean the points--which is always good--but should be ok if new. Let's know if links don't wanna play ball.

redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vg...shorts%2FqVm-uhxIAT4

redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vg...shorts%2Fpf2lPN8x_YI
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
Last edit: 31 Jul 2023 18:32 by RT325.
31 Jul 2023 18:19 #4

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart