facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Oil pump nozzle

• JWormy
  • JWormy's Avatar Topic Author

Oil pump nozzle was created by JWormy

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Hi folks, can someone take a look at this photo of my oil pump and tell me if this looks correct? Based on what I can tell in the service manual, this pump is missing the inlet nozzle. So I ordered an OEM replacement, but it doesn’t seem to fit! Do I have the in/out mixed up? Does someone have a photo of theirs I can reference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
22 Jul 2022 12:23 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Oil pump nozzle

You have the outlet nozzle there for whatever pump. Is that hole shown, the inlet? where's the big pipe going now or is it just sitting there waiting for a fittng?, but hard to tell on my screen. I'll go googling.
Sorry i expanded the pic & can see it clearly now, end turned up towards camera. Gotta be unusual to have 'that' missing. Makes ya wonder what caused it or how the pump is internaly.
I wonder if the missing tube is the same size as the brass tube from a Yamaha fuel tap--if you had a spare & could get it to come out of the tap. I mean the tube out the side the fuel hose goes to not the tube up into the tank.
Short straight tube would be ok as i can see your oil tube has a right angle bend at the end.
Sorry--keep adding. The fitting you're going to fit in won't have a spring or anything. 'that' spring shown is to retain the miniature ball bearing on the outlet side.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
Last edit: 22 Jul 2022 17:44 by RT325.
22 Jul 2022 17:22 #2

Replied by DEET on topic Oil pump nozzle

The oil inlet nozzle was either an aluminum tube or a brass 90° fitting. The nipple on it would be larger than the outlet fitting (which is what you bought). 
The bleed screw condition would indicate that it has not been touched in years. I would be concerned with the internal condition of the pump. 
If you need the pump restored, my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., Ht1kid
23 Jul 2022 05:38 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart