facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

1975 DT250 Looking for correct ignition coil

Replied by Bigdog302 on topic 1975 DT250 Looking for correct ignition coil

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=283643843208&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• arch75250
  • arch75250's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by arch75250 on topic 1975 DT250 Looking for correct ignition coil

Thanks everyone for the input.

I looked at my original coil last night. I was able to get the lead off of it, but I'm unsure if it's really meant to be replaceable. It looks like the contact inside the assembly is more of a pin than a screw like on the plug cap. I also wasn't able to get any resistance readings off of it so I'm assuming it's turned to mush inside.

I went ahead and ordered the inexpensive Emgo one in addition to the very expensive original one so I'll be able to report back on both eventually. When I'm done with this project, I'm probably going to have enough extra parts to start my own parts business.

As a side note, what the heck is up with Partzilla? Their website makes it look like they have parts in stock and then when it comes to shipping all they do is send emails saying "The manufacturer has updated ETA dates on one or more of your items". I can't wait until freaking March to get a new set of points! @#$%^&*!!

Mike
14 Jan 2021 08:37 #12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart