facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

'75 DT 100 excessive smoking?

Replied by RT325 on topic '75 DT 100 excessive smoking?

ok i know i'm getting boring but how did you clean the pipe. Looking at a DT100 "75 there'll be a spark arrestor down in the end bit if you look down in after taking the end bit out--if its all original. The blockup down in the twirly spark arrester bit. Or try it with the end bit removed & give it damn good rev out to be sure before giving up on that thought.
05 Jun 2020 15:47 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wandwuff
  • Wandwuff's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Wandwuff on topic '75 DT 100 excessive smoking?

hrm... what could it be? and yeah i just grabbed a random jet that said 108, it felt the same as the 110 so i didnt mind. it still smokes but like the amount that i'd call normal for that bike, so im not sure what's up with it. I cleaned the spark arrester and pipe seperately, with brake cleaner and rinsing. i got a new plug and after about 5 miles of riding the tip was black but the ceramic was a chocolate colour, so there is oil. maybe my idle jet is too big? It dies when i turn the choke on so i assume that it's still running rich, but im not exactly sure...
Last edit: 06 Jun 2020 19:08 by Wandwuff.
06 Jun 2020 18:48 #22

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart