facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

AG 175 replacement chain guard

• IanF
  • IanF's Avatar Topic Author

AG 175 replacement chain guard was created by IanF

Hi guys

I’m getting my 1976 AG175 running and while I wait for clutch parts I am looking at the ugly full shroud chain guard. Would a CT3or DT 175 chain guard from same era bolt straight on? Just thinking what may be easiest way to install a nicer looking guard. Maybe I can just fabricate my own - would be cool to see anyone’s efforts in this area please.

Here is what I currently have.......
24 May 2020 18:36 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Tex on topic AG 175 replacement chain guard

I think you will need to fabricate or modify something. I have taken the guard off mine, and it does not have the same mounting lugs as the 1974 DT125 for example. There is a small tab at the front and a bolt hole underneath the AG175 swingarm that could take a modified or fabricated guard.

Tex
21 Aug 2020 23:26 #2

Replied by Grussell on topic AG 175 replacement chain guard

Is that a bolt on the swingarm just behing the the footpeg? If it is what is the measurement from that bolt to the first of the two nuts further back on the swingarm?
1978 DT400
1975 DT250
1976 YZ125X - my post vintage race bike
2022 KTM 300XCW - my race bike

22 Aug 2020 08:56 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart