facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

74 DT360 Geneva Green Paint from VMR

• EnduroTEX
  • EnduroTEX's Avatar Topic Author

74 DT360 Geneva Green Paint from VMR was created by EnduroTEX

I have read through the paint codes threads and many others where this paint color has been discussed. I was even going to give Gfrenchs techniques of light sanding through clear and reclear etc.. that turned out really good on his DT360 but am now committed to a repaint.
I was wondering if anyone specifically has used this VMR paint for Yamaha Geneva Green and what the outcome was and maybe even be willing to share a pic or two. it had been mentioned in a thread or two but no follow up review or pics etc...
vmrpaints.com/products/yamaha-motorcycle..._sid=ee01f8881&_ss=r
12 Feb 2020 18:43 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by mike8162 on topic 74 DT360 Geneva Green Paint from VMR

I always thought the enduros were all tri-coats (candies and pearls) with a few exceptions up through 1974. I have seen these bikes painted with a basecoat clearcoat system and they look real good, just a little difference in depth when looking at them in the sun. It looks like they have a phone number, I would call and talk to them directly. I would be curious to know what they have to say,
Cheers
13 Feb 2020 04:56 #2

Replied by pabdt on topic 74 DT360 Geneva Green Paint from VMR

got a 74 DT 360 also. Tank painting is coming up soon for me also. Might be tempted to order a sampler for a spray out.
74 DT 360 ... resto in progress.
20 Feb 2020 02:07 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart