facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Dt250a help

• Xtgeezer
  • Xtgeezer's Avatar Topic Author

Dt250a help was created by Xtgeezer

Hi all I’m new here so please be gentle.after taking my 1974 250 a airbox to my local powdercoater he informs me that he has lost it after 2 months . I have managed to pick up on eBay @ second hand one but Alias no cover. I have a Yamaha part number which is 438-14412-00 any help would be appreciated greatly.
29 Jan 2020 02:50 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Dt250a help

That's a shame, & wish i could help [but half a world away], what's the betting they'll phone & say they've found it just after you've sorted another on. Good luck from NZ. ps, had a DT360A [green] 30 years ago & loved it, & my son had a DT250A [orangy color].
29 Jan 2020 03:40 #2

Replied by EnduroTEX on topic Dt250a help

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=makotosu-08bc-47da-8e7d-68e3ee6e51ca&siteid=0&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=192979292824&version=889&trackingid=&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by shyted on topic Dt250a help

Hello EnduroTEX and welcome along.
Powder coaters have a habit of doing stuff like this. It happened to me last year with a sump shield.
He swore black was white he had not got it. I got in an argument with him because of this and then produced a picture on my phone i took of my stuff at his shop. Showed it to him and he said "Oh i'd better have a look in the machine". Sure enough it was buried at the bottom of the accumulated grit at the bottom of the machine.
Drop them a bill for the part.
Not your fault they lost it.
I'm sick of folk getting the f##k off tablet from people doing paid work for them.
Stuffs dear enough without ass holes making it dearer.
Seriously EnduroTEX get em told !
Regards TED
01 Feb 2020 08:00 #4

Replied by DEET on topic Dt250a help

The cover would be very simple to make. It is just a tringle.
If you took your air box to a HVAC shop that makes ductwork, they could cut you out a triangle, bend over the edges (if you want to go that far) and send you on your way in a jiffy.
They might even do it for free.
Drill three holes, paint it black.... install and enjoy.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: KennyV
01 Feb 2020 08:42 #5

Replied by mdscott on topic Dt250a help

Welcome, post some photos.
I'm on several other forums, this is by far the most friendly, along with a wealth of experience, knowledge and humor.
Its kind of like sitting around the campfire, you know, the kumbaya thing. :ROFLOL

:beerchug
Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'03 ST1300
'75 Norton
'73 CB500K
'81 Honda CT110
'87 PW50
'64 McClane Edger
'02 Honda XR70R
01 Feb 2020 14:18 #6

Replied by Lizeec on topic Dt250a help

Not a bad solution in a pinch but the cover is a little more intricate than a flat piece of sheet metal, if you look at the design of the cover there is a indented triangle in the center of the metal cover that the end of the filter aligns itself in and to keep a snug fit from end to end of the filter. There is also a little threaded tab on the cover which allows the plastic cosmetic side cover to be screwed on to the filter housing cover, the plastic side cover is strictly cosmetic and to conceal some wiring.

It is also one of those parts someone probably has 3-4 of them lying around or on junk bikes, the ones on eBay where they want crazy money are hoping to find buyers in a predicament as you are in, hopefully someone will chime in ad send you one for the cost of postage and a beer.
Last edit: 19 Feb 2020 05:16 by Lizeec.
01 Feb 2020 18:15 #7

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart