facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

flywheel variants

• elliottles1
  • elliottles1's Avatar Topic Author

flywheel variants was created by elliottles1

Folks,

there are at least three (electronic ignition) flywheels listed for the dt250mx that i can see (on ebay). we have F1T350, F3T350, F3T357, F3T30072  etc.
Does anybody out there know if these are interchangeable on the same stator?  
I have an F3T30072 flywheel but i am getting an electrical type misfire at more than half revs. the plug, coil, cdi box are all brand new.

any info on this very welcome, before i start spending money!!

cheers
les.

07 Mar 2023 09:29 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic flywheel variants

Will it get through tyhat misfire or does it limit revs. If it limits the revs & just won't go past that point, let's be sure its electrical & not a blocked exhaust. I guess by the year i'm thinking yours must be it wouldn't have the jet setter Oring & side mounted main jet. If it does, then a faulty Oring lets it run super rich on open throttle.
07 Mar 2023 22:45 #2

• elliottles1

Replied by elliottles1 on topic flywheel variants

RT325,

It will not go thru the misfire, very electrical sounding, a sharp stutter and almost like backfiring. the exhaust is new and i have even taken out the baffle to be sure its totally straight thru, (deafening!!). the carb is aftermarket Kehin, which i have used plenty with good results, i have jetted the carb to the point of spluttering and gone the other way to weakness so am pretty sure its not the carb.

my stator and rotor were purchased separately from Ebay, i believe the stator is marked 1M2 and the rotor is F3T30072, i was happy that i had found a match because it started and ran, but now the problems start!

any ideas peeps??
les.

07 Mar 2023 23:19 #3

Replied by RT325 on topic flywheel variants

Ok you may be quite correct & 'onto' the problem but i'm no help with flywheel variation & what--if any--difference it would make to running. So 'for me' best plan is let's hear or see & hear a good video please--could make all the difference.
08 Mar 2023 00:29 #4

Replied by Top Jimmy on topic flywheel variants

I recently watch a series of videos by Dale Sweger on youtube where he was dealing with a similar issue and got it fixed.  Search for Dale Sweger Yamaha AT-2 MX Ignition.  I think there a 4 videos in total on this issue.

He sort of addressed a bunch of things at once so the actual issue was never pinpointed but I was very impressed that he did not give up and he got it fixed in the end.  My guess is that the rewiring he did fixed the problem.  From what I understand, the CDI ignitions generate a high voltage from the stator.  My theory is high voltages can arc through wire insulation on old wires.  It may idle fine but be a problem at higher rpm.  Higher rpm = higher voltage.  Check for signs of arc burns in the wires.  Some of the other fixes are fairly easy and worth trying.

I have thoroughly been enjoying watching Dale on youtube and have learned a lot along the way and it’s inspired me to start working on my DT360 again.  I highly recommend his channel.  I’m sure he would appreciate a bigger audience.  and more subscribers.
08 Mar 2023 14:56 #5

• elliottles1

Replied by elliottles1 on topic flywheel variants

cheers for the replies guys, i will be acting on all of this soon. i will post more.

les.
08 Mar 2023 23:08 #6

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart