facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Cable Routing Diagram

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic Cable Routing Diagram

After about 5 different ways to ask what I am looking for…. I’ve found this… whew! Thank you for the picts Gr8Al
Sneezles61
06 Aug 2022 08:44 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AirborneSilva
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by AirborneSilva on topic Cable Routing Diagram

After looking at Alan's photo's it would appear I have my clutch cable routed wrong on my DT2, thanks for the pictures!
2023 Tenere T7
1976 DT400C
1975 DT400
1981 DT175H
1972 DT2 250
1980 GT80
1972 JT2
06 Aug 2022 10:01 #12

Replied by swm on topic Cable Routing Diagram

A couple of my original patina bikes the clutch cables are routed thru brace below coil & behind rectifier.  Of course I have no way to confirm they weren't altered over the years but this route keeps cable off cylinder head.  Photo of DT1-S with tank removed.
Thanks

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
06 Aug 2022 10:58 #13

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

That makes sense too… Mine was up above the tank bumpers on the left side so when you turned left.. it put a big strain on the cable… resulting in the kink.. Perhaps having a strong grip, I wasn’t aware it was pulling hard..
The electric loom was hanging below the bumper….
I eagerly await the new cable beginning of this week..
Sneezles61
06 Aug 2022 14:34 #14

Replied by asco on topic Cable Routing Diagram

2022. Bump.

Very Helpful.

a
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
18 Oct 2022 19:49 #15

Replied by SKYDANCER46 on topic Cable Routing Diagram

Here some pictures of the original 71 DT1 i recently purchase. The original 70 DT1 I also recently purchase is routed the same way.  I would guess these are correct. In the past I pretty much have routed all cables this same way on 73 and older DT's and RT's. There all pretty much the same.

If you don't have room to run the clutch and tach thru the frame because of the wire harness on the RT3 then just let them run straight down on the right side like the throttle cable. I think i have done that on some restorations. In fact most all Yamaha enduros including newer models thru 76 and smaller 125/175's route cables on the right side and above the tank mount.

Couple things for sure is all cables run thru the space between the speedo and tach. All wires too. Then throttle, clutch and tach cables run down on the right side of the steering head. The clutch and tach run thru the opening in the frame as shown.

When installing tank make sure round rubber front stay goes over and down past cables and cables stay up on top of the front frame tank mount. this will insure free play and movement for cables once tank is installed. No tie downs or tape on cables either. they will stay in place once tank is on. 
After tank is on you should be able to move cables freely back and forth with no snags.

I put the metal band tie on the wire harnesses to hold them in place.  That is not there originally from Yamaha. I like this style because you can make it loose or tight as you want so the wire harnesses will move when steering the bike. 

1970 DT250C
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Swoop56
Last edit: 19 Oct 2022 20:32 by SKYDANCER46.
19 Oct 2022 09:44 #16

This message has attachments images.

I really like that organized routing… perhaps just me, when I see wires all awry, with no rhyme or reason, it causes me to proceed organizing… well, as with many things in life in general too….
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: SKYDANCER46
19 Oct 2022 11:09 #17

Replied by Dennis D on topic Cable Routing Diagram

Was there tape originally where you put the clamp?  The 73 I am working on has a tape wrap in that location and I didn't know if it was factory or a DPO add on.
19 Oct 2022 15:31 #18

This message has an attachment image.

Replied by SKYDANCER46 on topic Cable Routing Diagram

Yes there was. There is also a foam piece that goes further down the frame tube, protects the gas tank and keeps it snug at the rear.

1970 DT250C
Last edit: 19 Oct 2022 20:31 by SKYDANCER46.
19 Oct 2022 16:04 #19

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart