facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

RT2 oversize piston

• re5rotary
  • re5rotary's Avatar Topic Author

RT2 oversize piston was created by re5rotary

Does anyone know where I can get an oversize piston and ring kit for an RT2. Been looking online and Ebay and dont see any obvious source   regards Terry
09 Aug 2022 23:16 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic RT2 oversize piston

Forum members/moderators Enduronut and/or Deet might have what you need. 

For anyone else who is looking for these parts, don't get taken in by sellers saying that the parts fit DT2 and RT2 - THEY DON'T. Look for genuine packaging with the part numbers showing (prefix 308 for the RT2 and RT3).
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325, AirborneSilva, Ht1kid
09 Aug 2022 23:47 #2

Replied by RT325 on topic RT2 oversize piston

Question must be asked though--what size oversize. Yamaha go in 10 thou steps four times to get to maximum 81mm. 0.25-0.50-0.75-1.00. Be aware that 10thou only gives 5thou all around "if I'm thinking right" & doesn't take much wear to find one oversize not cleaning up around exhaust port. That's extreme stuff & more applies to abused motors or ones sucking a lot of dirt--not yours I hope.
10 Aug 2022 01:26 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart