facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Bought a Wiseco Std Piston and Rings for My DT3.. No Circlips..I got a

The seat certainly has been sat on.    

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

You can just call me Dude.
Syracuse, New York
Current bikes: 1973 DT3, 1974 TY250, 1969 Triumph Bonneville, 1975 XS650, 1976 XS650, 1982 XS650, 1983 XS650, 2006 FJR1300
06 Mar 2021 19:49 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mx360guy
  • mx360guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Yep, The pan is in fairly good shape but I am going to replace the whole thing after I get it running. The bottom parts of the forks are very nice under the grim. They still have a new shine to them. I have some really clean tubes to rebuild them with. I have a PVL ignition installed and have spark. I have everything I need now to get the clutch back in working order again. The basket looks very clean and looks almost new. The pipe is in very good shape. I got some nice hardware to reinstall after some TLC and HT paint. There is a broken bolt holding the heat shield that I want get out. It does not look too bad but will be a challenge I'm sure. Need to get some tools to get that out. The whole frames and swing arm looks like it was powder coated blue and yellow. I will paint them black and it should look great. Not much work to do there but a good cleaning. I have a NOS plastic desert tank that I will use for the short term. I have a white badge tank that will be a project in itself. A Buco NOS front fender and NOS high fender bracket. The wheels are in good shape. The rims are very nice but the spokes are a bit rusty. They will clean up though. Still need to get them a part and look at all of that. The steering is lose and no doubt missing bearings. I have set coming. 
The bike pictured is what I am going for; a Dirt Bike in its purist form.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: shyted, Yamadude
07 Mar 2021 05:48 #12

This message has attachments images.

• mx360guy
  • mx360guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I got the bike on eBay. Drove to Pear Blossom CA, about 80 miles from me. The guy was not there only his bimbo girlfriend. (she was sweet and very helpful) We set a plan that I would be there at 1pm...Golfing and was running late..The bike was packed in a sea of old dirt bike carcasses. It was kinda of fantasy land of vintage dirt bikes! CZ's, Huskys, Yamahas, Hondas, Suzukis, etc everywhere in his huge desert back yard.
The Lady helped me drag it out and the I immediately went to the kick-starter, stuck solid.."It has good compression" got it for $200.00..
07 Mar 2021 06:05 #13

You have some cool plans for the bike !
You might not have to buy extra tools for removing that broken bolt.  If you post a pic of it, we could provide some ideas for removing it.
You can just call me Dude.
Syracuse, New York
Current bikes: 1973 DT3, 1974 TY250, 1969 Triumph Bonneville, 1975 XS650, 1976 XS650, 1982 XS650, 1983 XS650, 2006 FJR1300
07 Mar 2021 06:07 #14

Oh mate, that pic looks brill.
Little Fause and Big Halsey springs to mind.
Last edit: 07 Mar 2021 23:18 by shyted.
07 Mar 2021 23:18 #15

I can't express enough how important it is to get the right clips and fitted right, this is the outcome if you don't.

The bore was scored so deeply, I'm having to have a liner fitted. 

This image is hidden for guests.

07 Mar 2021 23:51 #16

This message has attachments images.

Just FYI, in case you are not already aware - that white tank you have pictured is from an AT1 and in too small to fit properly with your seat. Before you put effort into the tank, be sure to test fit it and see if you are happy with the look.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2021 08:03 by HouseofEnduro. Reason: comment did not appear
08 Mar 2021 07:58 #17

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart