facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Clutch bolts for 72 DT250

• Zeph
  • Zeph's Avatar Topic Author

Clutch bolts for 72 DT250 was created by Zeph

Hey, seeing if anyone happens to have a set of the stepped clutch spring bolts for a 72-73 DT250? Thanks, I'm in USA
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Redbanner
05 Oct 2020 13:50 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RT325
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by RT325 on topic Clutch bolts for 72 DT250

Are they still 5mm thread ones. Last time i was in there i had to shuffle my pile around to find some usable ones. Silly idea in the first place & need to be 6mm. If i had to i'd probably hatch a plan to do something like tap the posts to 6mm & fit studs then bore the spring cap top bit & tap to 6mm & screw on over the studs. Or something equally over complicated just to be difficult lol. On one of my 360's i had a mismatch of a later center with a splined pressure plate & tall posts so just had normal springs & 6mm bolts with washers. Sorry--not helping am i.
05 Oct 2020 14:57 #2

• Zeph

Replied by Zeph on topic Clutch bolts for 72 DT250

Ha, that's not a bad idea to go to 6mm, do you happen to know the thread pitch of the 5mm?
05 Oct 2020 16:56 #3

• RT325
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Replied by RT325 on topic Clutch bolts for 72 DT250

I'm sure it's 0.8 thread pitch. Just the common 5mm screw thread on all modern bikes where metric screws are used. Someone will sort me if wrong. 6mm goes to 1.0 pitch.

Talking threads, When i first started working British bikes were imperial. Then we went Japanese & had to get used to metrics. Then metrics went isometric with finer threads which was a pain for a while as would go to the screw bin to replace a damaged screw & depending on what i was working on it could be a fine or a coarse threaded hole. Actually the difference was pretty obvious, just had to look closely.
06 Oct 2020 04:12 #4

• Zeph

Replied by Zeph on topic Clutch bolts for 72 DT250

Thank you, my guess was the .8.. If I can't find any bolts, I'll get some grade 5 or 8 bolts and come up with some kind of bushing where the original bolts are stepped
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
06 Oct 2020 06:06 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart