facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT1/2/3 Engine Mounting Bolt Diameter(s)?

• patentgeek
  • patentgeek's Avatar Topic Author

DT1/2/3 Engine Mounting Bolt Diameter(s)? was created by patentgeek

What diameter(s) are the enging mounting bolts on the DT1/2/3 models? 

I've checked the on-line parts fiches, but they don't show diameter, pitch, length, etc.

I have a set of  empty engine cases and the holes measure a little over 8mm, but that seems kind of small.

Asking because I have a Trackmaster frame configured for a DT1/2/3 engine and the lower rear engine mounts are missing.  I'm going to use the empty engine cases as a fixture to repair the frame, but need to order bolts to secure the cases to the remaining mounts.

09 Jul 2023 14:24 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic DT1/2/3 Engine Mounting Bolt Diameter(s)?

Lower rear is 10mm. Top rear is too. But the rest are 8mm. I'll double check the top rear shortly on my DT1 just to be sure to be sure!!.
Yep top rear is 10mm.
I've oversised my 8mm to 9mm or maybe 3/8 cant remember now.
I do remember now there's a dowel between the crabkases on one--think it's front one & might've been trying for 10mm forgetting the dowel & ended up with drill stuck in it & spinning.
It's hell at my place lol so don't follow me. That's be why i went slightly smaller.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2023 18:43 by RT325.
09 Jul 2023 17:25 #2

• patentgeek

Replied by patentgeek on topic DT1/2/3 Engine Mounting Bolt Diameter(s)?

Thanks!  You are correct - - - the rear mounts use 10mm diameter bolts and the front mounts use 8mm diameter bolts.  At least on the empty set of RT1 engine cases I'm using to mock up the engine/frame fitment..

Strangely, the Trackmaster frame does not utilize the upper rear engine mount.  Which might explain why the lower rear engine mounts have a tendency to break.

I'll keep the front mounts at 8mm and have the lower rear mount fixed to accomodate a 10mm bolt.

09 Jul 2023 19:57 #3

What about the underneath one along the bottom. Will you be using that one. It's 8mm as well. Not talking bottom back if i'm confusing it all.
Later DT250A "74 i think only had two at the front & two at the rear but nothing along the bottom.
09 Jul 2023 20:01 #4

• patentgeek

Replied by patentgeek on topic DT1/2/3 Engine Mounting Bolt Diameter(s)?

No, the middle bottom bolt isn't used on the Trackmaster frame.  It relies on only 3 mounting points: front upper, front lower, and rear lower.
10 Jul 2023 20:59 #5

Ok,--has me wondering if you're using a "74 motor which has two front mounts & no bottom one allong the lower rail?.
Or the frame is specificaly for a "74 on motor. Motor shape changed bigtime in "74 with DT250A & 360--& SC500 for that matter. May as well go for gold & fit the 500, that'd be more fun than i could handle haha.
DT1-2-3 only had a single front mount.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
Last edit: 10 Jul 2023 22:20 by RT325.
10 Jul 2023 22:16 #6

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart