facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

3 DT1's ready for the vintage motorcycle show

Replied by nhsteve on topic 3 DT1's ready for the vintage motorcycle show

" My wife says the same thing. Just keep all 3."

Whatever you decide about the bikes, be sure to keep your wife!!! You are a lucky man! 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: SKYDANCER46
28 May 2023 06:21 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SKYDANCER46
  • SKYDANCER46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by SKYDANCER46 on topic 3 DT1's ready for the vintage motorcycle show

I agree, No matter how much time and money i spend on bikes she has never complained once or said a peep. In fact she jumps in on some of my photo shoots of the real nice bikes. She likes motorcycles and loves seeing all the different ones that come thru our garage. Problem i have now is she's in love with the 68 DT1 250.

Says it's the baddest bike she has ever seen! (best). I keep hinting it's most likely going to have to be sold. She just changes the subject.

Big show is only 2 weeks away! Hopefully no rain. Made a few more changes ( good) to the 68 DT1 over the last month or so. I think she's ready. 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

1970 DT250C
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Swoop56, Schu, Ht1kid, Brzn
Last edit: 28 May 2023 17:16 by SKYDANCER46.
28 May 2023 16:38 #12

Oh wow. That DT1 is just beautiful. Double expanded the pic & could look at it all day.
28 May 2023 17:56 #13

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic 3 DT1's ready for the vintage motorcycle show

I caught me self drooling.. it’s sooo nice.
Perhaps you need to get one and shine it up just for the Misses?
Sneezles61
29 May 2023 04:50 #14

• SKYDANCER46
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Thanks guys!

Sneezles61,
I told myself in 2017 no more restorations. Somehow i keep getting sucked into another? Only reason i did this bike is because it was a 68. No more!  Besides the Misses will get over it if i sell it. I bought her her dream car a few years back so she's a happy camper. She loves that car more then me! Lol. 

Personally in the past I never did like the looks of the 68 DT1 color scheme but now that it's done and shiny new looking it does look good. Especially in person. But i must say when i first got it, it was an ugly bike with no color beside faded white, silver and black and a few dull chrome parts. 

I am sure it will be the star at the Vintage bike show next week and get the most attention but i think the 70 and 71 will hold there own!  Original bikes are just hard to beat in my opinion. I did try my hardest to build the 68 to be as original as possible. Every little detail makes a difference and i am satisfied it's not over restored and looks the part. The 71 is a great looking and running bike and i still favor the 1970 DT1 even though it's not the cleanist or best bike of the 3! 

Here are the lastest pictures of the 70 and 71. There ready for the show as well.

1970 DT250C
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 1971DT250, Swoop56, Dirtboy, Schu, Ht1kid, Quartermaster35, Sneezles61, Brzn
Last edit: 31 May 2023 18:29 by SKYDANCER46.
31 May 2023 18:12 #15

• Ht1kid
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
BEAUTIFUL 

31 May 2023 18:29 #16

• Clegg
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I would keep the 68 for sure. The smaller tach and color really make it unique. They're all really nice though.
1971 SL350, 1973 Bultaco Matador, 1978 XS650, 1979 MX175, 1982 XT250, 1982 GS650, 1982 CB450T HAWK, 1979 IT175, 1977 Suzuki TS185
06 Jun 2023 13:59 #17

• SKYDANCER46
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Thanks ,

I agree, But the problem with keeping the 68 is it's to rare to just sit around in my dusty old garage. It really should be in someones collection in a climate controlled show room or display so people can talk about the good old days when they had these bikes.

Not even sure i will be taking the bikes to the vintage bike show this weekend now because of rain. We are going thru a major dry spell here in Michigan the last 3 weeks and wouldn't you know it, Calling for rain starting late Saturday night and going thru Sunday and Monday.  Still might be a chance but slim. To bad really. 

1970 DT250C
06 Jun 2023 20:03 #18

Replied by Sneezles61 on topic 3 DT1's ready for the vintage motorcycle show

We are drier than a popcorn fart as well, just a bump south of the tip of Lake Superior. I hope your rain chances stay away, well, it can stall out over here and you can get to your show.
Sneezles61
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
07 Jun 2023 04:12 #19

Replied by donniejoe on topic 3 DT1's ready for the vintage motorcycle show

What will you do with the proceeds from the sale? Invest it until you need the cash? If so, why not keep the money invested in the very collectible motorcycles. They will probably go up in value quicker than the money you invest. There's a lot of uncertainty in the world these days and investing is tricky. Having a few grand invested in a very collectible motorcycle is a safe bet. You can't say that about the crazy market. Besides, you can enjoy your investment while it grows. You can't say that about money in an investment account. You can cash out the bike pretty quickly today with the avenues available on the internet.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: nhsteve
13 Jun 2023 11:10 #20

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart