facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

CT1C Ready for a Test Ride

• mx360guy
  • mx360guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

CT1C Ready for a Test Ride was created by mx360guy

Hi all,getting close to taking 'er out for a test ride in the Dez ASAP.  It runs pretty good in the yard but need to take'er out to the wide open spaces and she what she can do. This bike has probably not been ridden in 47 years. 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., Schu, Quartermaster35, Tex, Sneezles61
Last edit: 27 Mar 2023 20:07 by mx360guy.
27 Mar 2023 20:05 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Schu on topic CT1C Ready for a Test Ride

That’s the kind of patina that screams out to you that it’s been there and back, and it ain’t done yet. I love it.  Hope your test ride goes well.
Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
Last edit: 28 Mar 2023 09:32 by Schu.
28 Mar 2023 09:23 #2

• mx360guy
  • mx360guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by mx360guy on topic CT1C Ready for a Test Ride

Thanks for the comments. I like it too. I just need to hook up the kill button and make that wiring better and fix the play in the rear wheel. I am pretty sure its coming from the bearings. The cush drive is new and is very firm. I can see and feel play at the brake plate side; hoping its the bearings. Not sure what else it could be. The wheel is a replacement and it is in pretty good shape.  I have new bearings and a bearing puller tool. Just need some time. All of the wires have been cut for the lights but the ignition is in almost perfect condition. The points screws look like they have never been touched.
It sat in a garage for 47 years so it did not get wet. Just a lot of surface exposure to salt air.  I want to put some period-correct Six Days-type enduro lighting some day.
I love the look of monster vintage IRC tires 3.5's. They should help in the soft sand.
The Bassani pipe was a score and sounds great. I put a Super Trap style end cap that helps keep it pretty quite and makes it legal. 
It's gonna be a blast once I finally get it solid enough to ride it with some confidence. I need to run a tank full through'er!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Schu, Sneezles61
28 Mar 2023 16:05 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart