facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

RT3 Transmission in a DT1?

• patentgeek
  • patentgeek's Avatar Topic Author

RT3 Transmission in a DT1? was created by patentgeek

Can an RT3 transmission be installed in DT1 cases?  The gear ratios appear to be the same.
25 Jan 2023 21:56 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic RT3 Transmission in a DT1?

True DT1 cases don't have the hole in the cases for the 4th 5th selctor shaft because early motors had the 4th 5th selector wrapped around the selector drum so no selector shaft requred. Think it all changed in "72. Might work using an early selector drum & later gears & shafts but don't quote me on that. I've mix & matched just about everything over the years through neccessity [too tight to buy the right parts lol]. Check Partzilla to compare years & models.
Just to add--you 'might' find the 360 has a slightly longer main shaft for the wider clutch, but might be wrong although have come across all that those sort of differences. Trouble is--i never write anything down.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
Last edit: 26 Jan 2023 14:20 by RT325.
26 Jan 2023 14:17 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart