facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

XT250 model codes

• Baxter
  • Baxter's Avatar Topic Author

XT250 model codes was created by Baxter

Hello, I’m just introducing myself, as I’m new to the forum and have just acquired an XT to refurbish. An early model UK registered in 1981!Could anyone explain the model codes a bit clearer and confirm which model mine is i.e. G model?... the engine and frame prefix is 3Y3.

Also I am looking for a workshop manual or service manual in pdf?Thank youDoug.
27 Mar 2024 01:35 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic XT250 model codes

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

from near Salisbury, Doug.

3Y3 = 1980 model XT250 for Europe, so that is a match with yours. If UK/Europe carried on with the letter suffix/year, then 1980 = G model.

There are various downloads available in the Tech section (see top toolbar) and CMSNL has the US parts list on its site. 

Your best bet for pdf docs would be a UK or Euro XT forum, if one exists. I have bought a few service manuals via fleabay, often from Europe - the UK/Euro service manuals are often shared and each shows everything in three languages, English, French and German.

If you want to post any photos on this forum, then you'll need to use a third party host such as Imgur.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, Baxter
27 Mar 2024 02:11 #2

Replied by Ht1kid on topic XT250 model codes

Greetings from Tennessee USA 
27 Mar 2024 07:48 #3

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Baxter
27 Mar 2024 10:50 #4

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart