facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Avitars, and images - Thanks :)

• Rendersonique
  • Rendersonique's Avatar Topic Author

Avitars, and images - Thanks :) was created by Rendersonique

Why aren't we able to update our avatars? I think there are some issues around storage like image attachments, so we have to link things in...why can't we do that with avatars?

People tend to move away from forums to social media if posting becomes difficult. I used to run a forum and was really disappointed that the time and effort I was making to keep things running in the background, was all for nothing when people chose the path of least resistance. 

Would like to help if I can.

Andy
Last edit: 23 Jan 2024 12:46 by Rendersonique.
23 Jan 2024 12:41 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Knutco11 on topic Avitars, and images - Thanks :)

Been like that for a while now, I don't forsee it getting fixed. Also I find it strange, that certain new members manage to make an avatar work? Am I missing something?

To be honest I know these guys like pictures, but its a pita if you ask me.  Ill upload lots of pictures if they get it fixed.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2024 06:44 by Knutco11.
24 Jan 2024 06:42 #2

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Avitars, and images - Thanks :)

I'm a bit of a Luddite (thick!) when it comes to IT stuff. However, I did find it straightforward to create an Imgur account, load pictures there and then copy and paste the BB link to whichever picture I wanted to post.

I use a pc, as I don't have a mobile 'phone, laptop etc!
24 Jan 2024 06:51 #3

Replied by Knutco11 on topic Avitars, and images - Thanks :)

I hear ya great uncle, but at the end of the day,  it's still another step to take.  This is a great site, no doubt.  People just like simplicity, I get that perfectly.  I feel like this should be resolved, but my non site supporting opinion likely doesn't count, lol.

And I do have an avatar I'd really like to put on here, lol
Last edit: 24 Jan 2024 07:03 by Knutco11.
24 Jan 2024 06:57 #4

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnie