facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

73 MX 250 renovation

• hackman101
  • hackman101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

73 MX 250 renovation was created by hackman101

This is a continuation of Fixer Upper part 2, where I got my ride from 35 years ago running again, to where I am now working on its looks.
 The whole idea stemmed from the wrong color/ year tank that was on my ride. Figuring to get it looking like it should,  would be nice, you know, get the yellow tank gone (painted) so it is the gray tank like it is supposed to be. So that started this line of thinking, nice new looking tank, on a rusty frame…. paint the frame.  So it blossomed from there. New fenders, decals and replating bolts, with some replacements from Motodad24 and stainless steel bolts in non-critical places with the class number ground off and polished to look like vintage bolts.
 So far, It is dismantled completely, in many cases, down to pop rivets being drilled out to get the various parts replated that are/were attached to plastic side panels and such.
 Since the original post was deleted for some reason, this is a shorter compilation of partial posts I was able to recover from my homepage, and some things I never got around to posting. So what may seem a lot over a short time, this has been going on for almost 8 or 9 months now.
 I have the frame and all the other painted parts sandblasted and painted their final color, gloss black for the frame, and flat black for the expansion chamber. The engine will be glass beaded and painted satin black.

More to come
1973 MX250
Past rides 45 years ago (and longer)
1964 Honda 50cc C110
1960s Yamaha 65cc scooter
1960s Honda 65cc w/ 90cc engine mashup
1971 DT1-E modified to MX kinda...
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, RT325, Ht1kid, Sneezles61
12 Aug 2023 23:56 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart