facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Yamaha DT rear turn signal replacement

• AwL
  • AwL's Avatar Topic Author
=10.0ptHi – I dropped my ’73 DT3 getting it out of shed and crushed the right rear turn signal.  Searching the web I found replacements to be made of unobtanium, real pricy or non-existent.   But ran across this heading on ebay:  “indicator turn signal front L/R for Yamaha DT 50 DT 80 RD 80”.  Even though it doesn’t list the DT3 and says they are for the front it turns out the housing is the same as the DT3 rear and probably DT1 & 2.  So I ordered one and low and behold it is pretty identical.  Only difference is amber lense instead of red, the bolts fastening the lense were too short for DT3 lense and  the original DT3 bolts wouldn’t fit.  Was able to salvage the red lens from my bike and glue it back together and used M3x30mm bolts after filing down the heads to smaller diameter.    The outfit selling them on ebay is “Gator-shop”  here’s the current 10/23 link.  Will attach photo when they get that working again.  
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid
25 Oct 2023 11:21 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AwL
  • AwL's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by AwL on topic Yamaha DT rear turn signal replacement

Sorry, website won't send the link to the turn signal  but here is link to sellers site.www.ebay.com/str/getorshop
25 Oct 2023 11:27 #2

Replied by motovate on topic Yamaha DT rear turn signal replacement

Cool Thanks
26 Oct 2023 12:07 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart