facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Nice progress today!

• principal282
  • principal282's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Nice progress today! was created by principal282

Many many electric “wins!” Today!  Thanks Mark T, he has helped me a lot the last few weeks . 

I was stumped.  I couldn’t get any current to the back. Many little issues but the biggest one was a faulty rear brake switch, confirmed by a failed continuity test..  Had a spare with a crappy spring from my green machine DT. 
Voila. I see said the blind man!!

I thought I had fixed the LH switch. Sketchy solder job remediated with a bit of study and practice.  Now proper continuity in the switch up front. Everything works as intended.  I await the LED electronic flasher to replace the buzzer I currently have.  Side note if you buy the aftermarket replica signals, they come with 8w bulbs which just don’t work so well.  17W proper bulbs.  Well they light up and I even had blinky blinky for a second until mr buzzer started back.

electrics solid now.  Finish paint pending humidity and temp before school tomorrow.  Then last phases of oil pump reinstall, gasket, clutch oil, bolt er up, gaskets.

see if we can make sparky spark..

time her… snug down head gasket. 

make sure oil pump is primed and ready. 

put fuel in

pray

and hopefully enjoy for years to come.
promised mrs principal I wouldn’t buy a seat until she’s rolling and running. Told Dave over at KDI that when mission is accomplished, a new seat shall be in order. 

keep fingers crossed, friends!!

and if you are a praying person, send up a word for us.  We are on call foster parents and have a couple little ones staying with us for awhile.  They are a delight and such good kids.  

thank you all!!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid, Andy L, Sneezles61, Tom P
04 Sep 2023 20:30 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by msavitt on topic Nice progress today!

Nice work!
And more importantly good for you and your wife for taking in little ones, you generosity is going to bring you goodness 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid
04 Sep 2023 21:22 #2

• principal282
  • principal282's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by principal282 on topic Nice progress today!

Thank you! 
we didnt intend to get into doing it, but somehow we did ,and it is pretty rewarding.  Had teens first, for a year.  
it was a bit of an adjustment going from 54 and empty nest to having teens again! It’s been awhile.  I’m certain we were some of the older parents at junior high basketball . Lots of not easy times too.

Then some short term kids over the summer .  I think of them all and Hope they are happy and safe.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid, Sneezles61, Tinkicker
05 Sep 2023 03:14 #3

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieMini Enduro ManJames Hart