facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Site Archives? Can't get old threads

Replied by cranky_dave on topic Site Archives? Can't get old threads

I posted this in another thread, but I have some experience with troubleshooting webserver backends. I'd be willing to help out if there is anything I can do. This site is full of great information and I have run into dead links repeatedly over the last few days. That's not at all a complaint. Simply an observation.

Also, I recently donated.  Is the donation fund not sufficient to keep the site afloat?  
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
Last edit: 04 Oct 2023 15:32 by cranky_dave.
04 Oct 2023 15:30 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Site Archives? Can't get old threads

I'd forgotten about photobucket. I have 419 photos on there but don't think i can link them--no i cant, tried it & not allowed, so screen shot it. Maybe i'd better see if i can off-load everything from p/bucket. Think i tried once but if i did i dunno where i save them haha.
Here's a randon screen shot.
Na that won't work & will need to save to googlephotos i use, then link--too much mucking around.
Here tis.
photos.app.goo.gl/gtD9aD2ijM2YZRmE6
Last edit: 04 Oct 2023 16:46 by RT325.
04 Oct 2023 16:45 #12

Replied by akara1 on topic Site Archives? Can't get old threads

I also would love to lend my technical skills and resources to help restore the site to its former glory.
It sucks to see these problems when we have the skills and resources to solve them, would love to help migrate the website to a more suitable host and help with the cost and restoring old data.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: asco, Sneezles61
04 Nov 2023 10:22 #13

Replied by MarkT on topic Site Archives? Can't get old threads

You can reach out to Makotosun and offer to help.  I don't think he has the time to visit or work on the site as much as he'd like to so a PM would be best.
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
04 Nov 2023 13:19 #14

Replied by asco on topic Site Archives? Can't get old threads

Based on the information - I recently compiled. I don’t believe that the missing information_threads is going to be recovered? I say this because’ the information is not as important as the people here who know their stuff. It’s just not necessary enough to recover.

Get a photo_bucket account and pay for hosting if you wish to showcase your motorcycles.

a
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
Last edit: 04 Nov 2023 21:01 by asco.
04 Nov 2023 20:59 #15

Replied by Tom P on topic Site Archives? Can't get old threads

Screw Photobucket, the extortionists, just get a free Imgur account.

imgur.com/
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid
05 Nov 2023 11:14 #16

Replied by LongStride on topic Site Archives? Can't get old threads

There have been a LOT of good quality contributions made since this group got started back in the Yahoo groups days,  EB's forum I spent countless hours uploading photos to Photobucket on an old dial up modem, all lost now, nothing much can be done about it, cry a little whatever, at the time I thought the work was important and was going to be permanent, folks got something out of it and I suppose that made it worth it, we all learned a lot and I am GRATEFUL for the opportunity to share my knowledge and experience with others with similar PASSION, I am grateful for the new forum even if my content is no longer accessable , I appreciate Mako's work for keeping it going, doing a search before asking a question is my preferred way rather than wearing out the same question year after year, if the content is shelved there are plenty of eager knowledgeable folks to answer again keeping fresh content at the front page 
2ET703 Central Texas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61, cranky_dave
06 Nov 2023 06:14 #17

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart