facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

DT360 Carbon Pattern

• Snglsmkr
  • Snglsmkr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Snglsmkr on topic DT360 Carbon Pattern

Thanks for posting advice, MARKT.

SHYTED, thanks for chiming in. 

TURBODAN is working on a reworked cylinder for his DT360A that will have "stuffed" transfers and a more open intake that includes a different reedvalve setup among other mods. He has reported good success with reducing the crankcase volume and a focus on improving the intake signal. I believe he decreased the squish band clearance as well.

AKARA1 has reported good results with improving the cylinder savaging (not sure that is the accurate technical term but it make me feel like I know what I'm talking about :-) ) by using a tuned exhaust.

I can't help but wonder what the combo of both would do towards improving the pinging condition.
17 Mar 2021 17:18 #111

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Snglsmkr
  • Snglsmkr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by Snglsmkr on topic DT360 Carbon Pattern

Today I set the ignition timing to 1/10" BTDC. 0.013" less advance than prior setting. It was late in the day when I got out to ride and the temp was around 60° F. The engine temp was noticeably lower. I did not see a reading above 340°F. The pinging was milder as well since it would seem to progress with rising engine temps. No noticeable change on power and would pull from below 2000 RPM smoothly. I'm thinking the carb mods are a contributor to this along with the timing change. 

A pic from the test ride: 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, turbodan, Jack
20 Mar 2021 17:25 #112

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart