facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Speedo

• Jimmyboy
  • Jimmyboy's Avatar Topic Author

Speedo was created by Jimmyboy

Hey guys on my 74 360 the 2 screws inside the speedo have fallen out . The number plate spins around and around.
If anyone can tell me how to disassemble the unit so I could reinstall the screws ( loctite) I’d appreciate it. Or if it’s too much maybe send it out to someone that repairs these? It’s pretty clean and shows around 11,000 original miles.
Thanks
02 Jul 2020 10:07 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gr8uncleal
  • Away
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Speedo

DEET here repairs them, I believe. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

A couple of members here have done it themselves and I'm sure that they'll post their methods later.

Does yours look like it's been apart before (might be little "nibbles" on the bezel)?
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Jimmyboy
02 Jul 2020 10:32 #2

Replied by Lizeec on topic Speedo

I used a paint can opener tool, available at any hardware store for about a dollar, just go around the perimeter of the bezel very slowly a couple times, each time prying up a little more, apply a small dab of blue loctite to the face plate screws, clean the glass thoroughly and re-install the bezel, I used a pair of mini channel locks with the jaws wrapped with electric tape to crimp the bezel back on and for protection of the bezel.

Same method on re-Install go slowly around each time a little more clamping force, it will look almost as it was never touched, also with the rubber ring around the bezel it is completely hidden anyway. One note the glass will look so clean and you will realize it was so easy and painless you will want to clean the tachometer glass as well.
Last edit: 02 Jul 2020 10:52 by Lizeec.
02 Jul 2020 10:47 #3

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Jimmyboy

Replied by Jimmyboy on topic Speedo

Mine hasn’t been apart before.
02 Jul 2020 11:07 #4

• Jimmyboy

Replied by Jimmyboy on topic Speedo

That’s a great idea. I’ll give that a try. Hopefully the screws aren’t stuck in the tumblers
02 Jul 2020 11:08 #5

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart