facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

AT2MX Kicker

• PFC
  • PFC's Avatar Topic Author

AT2MX Kicker was created by PFC

There seems to be about 3/16 of in to out play of the kicker shaft measured from the outside of the case  this play affects the ability to kick unless I pull the kicker out so it can mesh with the kicker gear 

is there a shim or spacer needed ? 
03 Mar 2023 03:45 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic AT2MX Kicker

I don't think they run a washer either end but 'should at least' have one on the outer end to save the circlip biting the alloy in my opinion. But lack of kick engagement is more likely to be the bid C lip with an ear sticking out that 'must' engage in a guiding slot to coax the kick gear to come out on the twisted spline & hook up with the intermediate gear. No17. I'll check my AT1 [same horse] in the morning if i remember just to see how much end float but 3/16 sounds a bit more than i'd expect.
www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcy...972/ct2/kick-starter
Sorry i see i used CT2 link now it up there, but same in every respect.
Last edit: 03 Mar 2023 04:12 by RT325.
03 Mar 2023 04:10 #2

• PFC

Replied by PFC on topic AT2MX Kicker

thank you rt325 - yes i also looked at the CT detail because i could not find one specific to the AT2MX - mine does not have a washer infront of the circlip - i will check the measurement again !

once again, a can push the shift rod out a little and it engages and i can kick the bike over and start it - but i know thats not the correct way to do it

I also have a 74 MX125 and it has a spacer and there is a Yamaha part number for it - that spacer is pretty large !

thanks for your help and now that i have this one somewhat running i will have other questions 
03 Mar 2023 07:24 #3

Just measured my AT1 "70 & only has half a mm [0.5mm] end movement. Mine believe it or not has never had the cover off. I bought it for dad for the farm as a tradein at work in about "72 & we sold it new to who we traded off so i know its history. Mind you its grown a 175 cylinder in recent years. I gave it a [damn good thrashing] a couple of days ago & was dificult to stop the useless front tyre washing out haha so need a 21, or even a 19 as has an "18 where your mx should be "21. My wife took a video on my cell phone & a bit of a time wasting watch as distance is too far away so drag it along. Might try to shorten the video up if the grandkids or great grandies can tell me how haha. Poor old thing hasn't had use like that for a long time & just sits hibernating. Have we got a pic of your?. Ok here's my video but boring as hell although give you an idea how she goes every lap close to camera. I see i reversed direction at exactly 3.33. Took my 360 down today, now i'm limping with crook hip trying to stop the front end sliding out on the hard ground. Must be gettin old.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: littlemilo, AirborneSilva, Schu, Ht1kid, Pete-RT1
Last edit: 03 Mar 2023 20:53 by RT325.
03 Mar 2023 20:43 #4

Replied by Ht1kid on topic AT2MX Kicker

Never get tired of watching you Morley 
03 Mar 2023 21:39 #5

I shoulda had my camera lady about in the middle doing circles lol. Actualy i'll add another just as boring video but mainly to show my stop switch in the last couple of seconds of the vid. Pretty cool stopping device lol so drag it to the end.
03 Mar 2023 22:26 #6

Drag this to the end to see my latest stop switch haha. No wires. Bit of a blurry video but stop bit is clear enough.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid, Pete-RT1
Last edit: 03 Mar 2023 22:31 by RT325.
03 Mar 2023 22:29 #7

Appologies PFC, i mucking up your post so can remove if you want, no problem. Thought i was loading this video on my other post about my 360. I'm pretty basic on computer stuff. Look forward to your AT2MX pics.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
03 Mar 2023 22:54 #8

Replied by Pete-RT1 on topic AT2MX Kicker

Both videos put a smile on my face, track looks fun and the stop switch, well what can I say 

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Still got it Morley, thanks for sharing
Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Yamaha AT1-C
Yamaha CT3
1978 Yamaha DT175MX
2020 Honda CB500X
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Ht1kid
04 Mar 2023 01:56 #9

• PFC

Replied by PFC on topic AT2MX Kicker

1972 AT2MX and 1974 125MX both WIP’s 

just about all correct parts or period correct after market parts have been acquired 

pretty sure rebuilds will be riders not garage queens 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
04 Mar 2023 05:11 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart