facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Members in or near Orange County California looking for vintage Yamaha parts

• DVM
  • DVM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hello All,
Wishing all a wonderful 2024!
Well, the time has come to clean out twelve plus years of a build up of Yamaha parts/items in my garage. My fun days of repairing, hopping up, and riding vintage Yamaha enduros are coming to a close. I'll probably keep my beloved CT3 for a while longer BUT it is time to unload lots of Yamaha enduro "stuff". If you see anything, or everything, that you are interested in then PM me! I do not want to get into shipping, so I am hoping there are some forum members near me that would be interested in what I have. I am not looking to make lots of money but do not want to just give it all away. A fair/bargain price will do.
 A partial list of items includes:
2 AT/CT Expansion Chambers (Torqes like and a MCM)
2 CT2/3 cylinders
1 CT2/3 cylinder head
1 CT1/2/3 seat pan
2 CT2/3 side covers (no stater cover)
3 CT rear swing arms
1 CT1/AT1 muffler (no end pieces)
1 CT2/3 muffler (no end pieces)
1 CT Front fender
CT Front forks
1 CT Rear fender
3 DT175 cylinders 1974-75
2 DT175 cylinder heads
1 DT1/2/3 cylinder head
2 DT/RT seat pans
2 DT/RT Expansion Chambers (makers unknown)
DT/RT Front forks (a few pairs in various conditions)
1 RT2/3 cylinder
1 RT2/3 cylinder head
1 RT2/3 19" front wheel/brake assy
1 Expansion chamber (not Yamaha maybe Suzuki)
A box of carbs.
Lots more!
DVM
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, bike4fun, MACE6772, Snglsmkr, Pete-RT1
Last edit: 05 Jan 2024 12:50 by DVM.
05 Jan 2024 12:42 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I need a cherry ct3 cylinder hopefully standard or first over bore. I’m 
                                                 In Oregon thanks again Rod
06 Jan 2024 08:54 #2

• DVM
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Enduro Rod, Thank you very much for your interest in one of the CT3 cylinder(s) that I have. BUT, as I stated in the above post I do not want to get into shipping the items/parts that are in my garage. I have way too many items to get into shipping as it would take up too much of my time. Also, I still have boxes of stuff that I have not yet looked into

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Anyone near Anaheim California interested in coming over to look at what I have please contact me,
06 Jan 2024 10:55 #3

While I have 80+ items on eBay I understand the go to the storage, find the parts, pack the parts, weigh and measure the boxes, print the labels and take them to to post office and leave immediate feedback for the buyer. You’ll likely drop dead without doing that too — is the reality of the situation. There aren’t enough local buyers even if you went to the Long Beach SwapMeet every Sunday for a year.

You need to rethink your position because your family will dump it in the trash before the worms finish feasting.

Respefully, The Dreaded Asco 

YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
07 Jan 2024 02:54 #4

ASCO - I agree and can relate!
while I am "only" 58, I had the same thought yesterday when packing up all the Xmas decorations in the garage.  I ended up putting a volume of parts ranging from VW windows to pistone on eBay so my wife and kids don't end up throwing all of this precious to me and someone else our there stuff in the trash bin!
Packing and shipping is a pain in the donkey, but I do not want these items to be trashed.
07 Jan 2024 07:13 #5

DYODD
YAMA-LAND RESTORATION,
( 818 ) 521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
1971 CT1-C (BRANDY)
1970 DT1-C (MONICA)
1972 AT2M (ZIFFLE)
1970 CT1-B (HULK)
1971 DT1E (GINA)
1970 CT1-B (CLIDE)
Last edit: 07 Jan 2024 10:19 by asco.
07 Jan 2024 07:29 #6

• DVM
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Back in the day (2006 to 2018) x-forum member Dave Meis and I would find vintage Yamaha's in various places around S. California and restore them to their original glory and sell them. Also we rebuilt many engines. During those years my garage has become a reservoir of many, many items. Like my old friend Dave, I also will be soon be retiring from Yamaha "stuff" as I am rapidly approaching 77 years of age and my priorities have changed a lot.
I was dearly hoping that someone in the Yamaha community (within range) would drive over here with a truck, back up to my garage and take what I have for a very, VERY favorable price. I did not want to do the swap meet thing or get into shipping as that would take up too much of my time.
I really don't like the idea of giving what I have to the metal man, but if it comes down to that, then that's what will happen

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 07 Jan 2024 13:39 by DVM.
07 Jan 2024 13:37 #7

Maybe take some stuff down to the Vintage Bike meet in HB next Sunday, and see if someone might be interested. There's usually a few old Yamahas there, and some of your parts like carbs could be used on other bikes.

vintagebikeoc.com/events/
Last edit: 07 Jan 2024 19:28 by Tom P.
07 Jan 2024 14:49 #8

@DVM - here is a site that may buy all your stuff. It would be better to keep these parts available for those who will eventually need them instead of  sending them all to the landfill. Disclaimer: I've had no dealings with this company, just noticed it when looking for parts.

Sell Us Your Inventory | Vintage Dirt and Trail Motorcycles
1973 Yamaha RT3
2024 Suzuki DR650
2023 Triumph Tiger 1200 GT Pro
07 Jan 2024 17:12 #9

• DVM
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thank you PAHIKER for the site. I will contact them as a last resort. I am still hoping that some forum member(s) will come take all I have off my hands. 

TOM P, thanks for the information about the vintage bike meet in HB. I use to attend them a lot in the past. I am really not interested in going around pedaling the parts that I have. 

Let me be clear: I do not need the cash as I am financially set (I am very blessed). I don't care to spend much time trying to unload what I have. My time for the last few years is tripping around Europe with my beautiful wife. We just returned from Christmas/New Years in Paris and will soon be back in Europe!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MACE6772, Sneezles61
Last edit: 07 Jan 2024 21:15 by DVM.
07 Jan 2024 21:14 #10

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart