facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

Measures of Mikuni VM30SS (DT 360 A)

• Gerryz
  • Gerryz's Avatar Topic Author

Measures of Mikuni VM30SS (DT 360 A) was created by Gerryz

Can anybody give me the outer in- and out-diameter of the above mentioned carb? I have not the original one.... THX!
08 Mar 2024 01:46 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic Measures of Mikuni VM30SS (DT 360 A)

No exactly a VM30ss & now i look closer its just a copy of a mikuni but od & id are probably the same on this same as genuine. Says down in the text bore size 30mm ID & spigot size 40mm OD.

www.amazon.com/Carbman-Carburetor-VM30-8...s%2Caps%2C277&sr=8-5
Last edit: 13 Mar 2024 03:26 by RT325.
13 Mar 2024 03:20 #2

Replied by Knutco11 on topic Measures of Mikuni VM30SS (DT 360 A)

I think this is known amongst enthusiasts, but I just wanted to make sure everyone is on board with the Chinese knock-off stuff.  Sometimes they can work great, and the money savings will leave you smiling.  Other times they are jetted way wrong, and every dimension will be wrong, leaving you without a way to change brass and make adjustments.  I've had several leak straight out of the box.  I ultimately leave it up to the customer, and explain why cheap isn't always better.  Me personally I use genuine used carbs.
13 Mar 2024 06:44 #3

Replied by RT325 on topic Measures of Mikuni VM30SS (DT 360 A)

My link up top won't have the oil injection fitting i guess, but was only up there to read the id & od.
Keep looking. All good. In saying 'that', i'd probably use it & find a way to inject the oil as i did once before acvtualy on my DT360A come to think.
Was a Suzuki carb with the pull--push linkage on the side so fed the oil into one of the breather fittings so it dripped into the fuel in the bowl. Worked as it should.
But as i've said before haha--don't do as i do--unless ya really want to!!.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Schu
13 Mar 2024 15:54 #4

Replied by Knutco11 on topic Measures of Mikuni VM30SS (DT 360 A)

Lol, well I guess the oil gets in lol.  Albeit effectively bypassing the point of oil injection, but what the heck right?  I always thought they needed suction, aka on the engine side of carburetor? I guess the reed ports eliminate that theory, seeing as on those its on the crankcase side, after the reed valve.  Either way oil get to motor so I'll shut up now.  Nobody cares I know lol, so why won't I shut up?  No idea, have a great day!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325, Schu
13 Mar 2024 20:09 #5

Replied by Lizeec on topic Measures of Mikuni VM30SS (DT 360 A)

On the 1974 DT360A the oil injection line goes from the oil injection pump directly to the cylinder via a banjo bolt fitting, thus no need for a oil injection fitting on the carburetor, the oil injection fitting on the carburetor didn’t start till 1975 on some specific models.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2024 03:20 by Lizeec.
14 Mar 2024 03:20 #6

• Gerryz
  • Gerryz's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Gerryz on topic Measures of Mikuni VM30SS (DT 360 A)

I found an original one on eBay and asked the seller:

From Airbox to carb is 1.7” or 43.08mm.
From engine to carb is 1.57” or 39.88mm.

Hope to find someone who sells one to Germany….
28 Mar 2024 02:36 #7

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart