facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Pictures Posting Not Working (12 Jun 2023)

Picture uploads is again unavailable. We are working on the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Makotosun

New Bike day!!

• mx360guy
  • mx360guy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by mx360guy on topic New Bike day!!

Dang that sounds terrible.. I went through the DMV/CHP rounds for a green sticker for my MX360. That was basically a collection -of-parts bike.

I hope I don't have that much trouble. My experience with my local DMV is that they just want a bill of sale and a clear title.

Thanks for the sharing your experience. I will let you know how it goes.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61, Tom P
04 May 2024 12:51 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mx360guy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Just checked the Pink Slip. Its has the black plate number on it. The guy I bought it from just got the tile issued to him on 5/1/24.

It should go smooth but you never know with CA DMV..
04 May 2024 12:57 #12

Replied by Tom P on topic New Bike day!!

I think the DMVs in Orange County are the worst. Others here have had better luck in other counties. I had the title in my name, with the blue plate # on it, and had filed a non-op 32 years ago, but still got the run around.
04 May 2024 13:01 #13

Replied by Bikes4Dan on topic New Bike day!!

A '69 AT-1 was my first motorcycle, what a flashback.

The problem with CA DMV is their employees don't get very much training in the mysterious ways of the DMV and much of the time you need to research it yourself and instruct them what to do......, ugh.

I'm facing my turn with them soon as I have a 74 DT 250 coming in from New Hampshire and that state doesn't title vehicles older than 1999. But it's got a current registration along with the bill of sale so hopefully....... not too difficult.
Last edit: 06 May 2024 13:00 by Bikes4Dan.
06 May 2024 12:59 #14

• mx360guy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I got insurance for it today. That went pretty smooth with Geico. Once I get the proof of insurance card, its off to AAA. That may be an adventure. I really want to keep that black plate..
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61
Last edit: 06 May 2024 18:04 by mx360guy.
06 May 2024 18:02 #15

Replied by Tom P on topic New Bike day!!

I really do hope it goes smooth for you at AAA. I had insurance on mine from Progressive, and the VIN check which I paid for, and as I said, a pink slip in my name with the blue plate number on it, but AAA would not do it because it was out of the system after 30 years. They said go to DMV, and that's when the circus began. Hopefully it's just Orange County.
09 May 2024 15:31 #16

• mx360guy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I decided to do it completely online. I was a bit concerned about that too. I am in LA county. It may take a month but that's ok. I had to take pics of the pink slip front and back and answer a few questions. It did seem to get hung up on the no-op status..It asked me if you intend to keep it on non-op and I clicked no but it still made me fill out a non-op form with start of non-op date to end. i just put a one day change. I hope that flies with them. Its says a DMV technician will review my application for title transfer..stay tuned..
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Sneezles61, Tom P
11 May 2024 07:44 #17

Moderators: yamadminMakotosunDEETVinnieJames Hart