facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

What came with an 86 TY350?

• FrankieKingpin
  • FrankieKingpin's Avatar Topic Author

What came with an 86 TY350? was created by FrankieKingpin

Hello all!

After finishing my DT400 project and selling it off, I realized how much I missed having a 2 Stroke. And since I wanted to get into Trials Riding, I've been searching for a TY. I missed out on a pretty cherry one a few months ago, but one recently popped up. I wanted to know what came with these bikes and what was an option. The bike Im looking at is an 86. It does not have the headlight or tail light assemblies or the speedo. I thought I read that these were intentionally removable for competition, but I did not know if they were included new. Also, I know that back in the day, there was a disc conversion kit for the front. While im sure its unobtanium now, I wanted to know if there were any modern solutions to converting front to disc if I wanted to go that route. Thanks!
18 Dec 2020 09:37 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gearboy on topic What came with an 86 TY350?

Frankie, As someone who competes in vintage trials events, putting a disc on the front of the TY would probably disqualify it. You may not have any interest to compete however and may want to ride it on the road. I would suggest to learn to ride trials with the TY with the drum brake and see how it goes.
1970 Yamaha CT1B
1982 Fantic Trials Bike 240 Professional
1996 Suzuki DR200
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
18 Dec 2020 13:53 #2

Replied by Swoop56 on topic What came with an 86 TY350?

On the sales brochure attachment , you'll see the TY came with lights and speedo .
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
18 Dec 2020 15:41 #3

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by KennyV on topic What came with an 86 TY350?

I had a TY350 several years ago, actually it was my wifes. She want to give trials riding a try. I'm thinking they came with or without lights and speedo. I've seen some for sale with lights and speedo and some without. The one we had was used for competition trials and had no sign of lights or a speedo. No sign of wiring or wiring being removed. Nothing on the rear fender for mounting a light.
71 Z50 Minitrail
72 RT2
74 250A
20 CB500X Halfrica Twin
19 Dec 2020 11:14 #4

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart