facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Bill Bune Closure for Covid

26 Mar 2020 11:06
Rick C.
Collector
Collector
Posts: 811
More
Topic Author
Bill Bune Closure for Covid #1
Just talked to Josh at Bill Bune's shop. Looks like they will be closing up shop ( he says for a couple of weeks ! )
Tomorrow will be the last day to get it in their shop. Then it will be on the shelf when they get back.
I sent , " The Greenie " ( 1978 DT125E ) Crank to FINALLY get rebuilt.

Kinda wondering who is next to shut the doors on our projects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2020 15:26
mike8162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Posts: 49
More
Bill Bune Closure for Covid #2
Yep, I'm about ten miles from Bill Bune's shop. Governor Walz called for a shelter in place in Minnesota ending April 10. My last day will be tomorrow. I guess I was a little surprised by the closure. As of today we have 346 positive,134 of those don't need to be isolated and 31 in the hospital. Unfortunately, we have had 2 deaths. Thoughts and prayers go out to all on the globe, I know it is real bad in some areas.
The following user(s) Liked this Post Rick C., Snglsmkr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2020 18:54
mdscott
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Posts: 2594
More
Bill Bune Closure for Covid #3

mike8162 wrote: Yep, I'm about ten miles from Bill Bune's shop. Governor Walz called for a shelter in place in Minnesota ending April 10. My last day will be tomorrow. I guess I was a little surprised by the closure. As of today we have 346 positive,134 of those don't need to be isolated and 31 in the hospital. Unfortunately, we have had 2 deaths. Thoughts and prayers go out to all on the globe, I know it is real bad in some areas.


Yep the hospital my wife works at in the Sacramento area is basically on lock down, the sad part is they don't have enough N95 mask to hand to all employees.

I was on Ebay the other day and sent emails to a few sellers selling N95 masks, I stated you've made a huge profit selling them, have you considered donating the rest to a local hospital. I haven't heard back.

.

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'76 Bultaco 143 Frontera
'06 GL1800
'01 KDX220
'68 YG5T 80 Trailmaster
74 DT360
75 Norton
73 CB500K
63 C200
87 PW50
64 McClane Edger
The following user(s) Liked this Post JGersh, KennyV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2020 19:20
Schu
Collector
Collector
Posts: 690
More
Bill Bune Closure for Covid #4

mdscott wrote:

mike8162 wrote: Yep, I'm about ten miles from Bill Bune's shop. Governor Walz called for a shelter in place in Minnesota ending April 10. My last day will be tomorrow. I guess I was a little surprised by the closure. As of today we have 346 positive,134 of those don't need to be isolated and 31 in the hospital. Unfortunately, we have had 2 deaths. Thoughts and prayers go out to all on the globe, I know it is real bad in some areas.


Yep the hospital my wife works at in the Sacramento area is basically on lock down, the sad part is they don't have enough N95 mask to hand to all employees.

I was on Ebay the other day and sent emails to a few sellers selling N95 masks, I stated you've made a huge profit selling them, have you considered donating the rest to a local hospital. I haven't heard back.

.


Today my wife and I delivered 100 N95 masks to the hospital she works at. An acquaintance of ours purchased them online at the beginning of this ordeal and then felt guilty having them at home. Knowing my wife was a nurse, he asked if she would donate them to her hospital. You'd think we delivered a truckload of them the way they reacted. We were so unprepared for this event. Bill Gates hit the nail on the head 4 years ago.

Schu

70 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha CT175
71 Yamaha JT60
72 Yamaha JT60 (2)
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Yamaha GT80
75 Yamaha DT100
75 Yamaha DT125
75 Yamaha DT175
76 Yamaha DT175
75 Yamaha DT250 (2)
75 Yamaha DT400
76 Honda Z50
17 Yamaha SCR950

"Someday, you'll own some Yamahas"
The following user(s) Liked this Post Rick C., 1971DT250, mdscott, JGersh, KennyV, mike8162

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2020 23:32 27 Mar 2020 23:38 by Rick C.. Reason: cause yep.. just cause
Rick C.
Collector
Collector
Posts: 811
More
Topic Author
Bill Bune Closure for Covid #5
Thanks for all the cool posts guys ! We love the stories that help !!
I Aced the shipment to Bill Bune just in time!! Delivered at 8:54am this morn.
and now it will probably sit on a shelf, which is cool right for now.
Josh says maybe 2 or so weeks. I will not hold my breathe.

Time to hit the CT just delivered here. She is a Peach. But she has been sitting a while..
Mostly original with some This and thats.



ANOTHER FREEKIN CT !!! oh geeezo...

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post JGersh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Mar 2020 23:46
Rick C.
Collector
Collector
Posts: 811
More
Topic Author
Bill Bune Closure for Covid #6
In my wheelhouse. I really love those bikes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2020 08:02
mdscott
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Posts: 2594
More
Bill Bune Closure for Covid #7

Rick C. wrote: Thanks for all the cool posts guys ! We love the stories that help !!
I Aced the shipment to Bill Bune just in time!! Delivered at 8:54am this morn.
and now it will probably sit on a shelf, which is cool right for now.
Josh says maybe 2 or so weeks. I will not hold my breathe.

Time to hit the CT just delivered here. She is a Peach. But she has been sitting a while..
Mostly original with some This and thats.



ANOTHER FREEKIN CT !!! oh geeezo...



Boy Rick, that's a cutie, other then the tires it looks original.

Cheers :Buds

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'76 Bultaco 143 Frontera
'06 GL1800
'01 KDX220
'68 YG5T 80 Trailmaster
74 DT360
75 Norton
73 CB500K
63 C200
87 PW50
64 McClane Edger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2020 23:11 15 Apr 2020 23:13 by Rick C..
Rick C.
Collector
Collector
Posts: 811
More
Topic Author
Bill Bune Closure for Covid #8
BREAKING NEWS !!!
Just paid for the crankshaft rebuild !
Ship tomorrow, life is WONDERFUL !
( Now if we can get Partzilla and Bike Bandit to get it together and ship ! )

Coming back to that darn GREENIE thread soon....total bottom end . geeezo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2020 10:53 16 Apr 2020 10:53 by RT360Fan.
RT360Fan
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Posts: 361
More
Bill Bune Closure for Covid #9
I've been working on a CT70 for a buddy of mine (actually it's his wife's bike). I've been placing orders at CHP Motorsports down in Tyler, TX and they are still shipping. One thing I noticed though is inventory has run low on a lot of parts. Seems like there are a lot of bikes getting some love during 'shut in'.
The following user(s) Liked this Post Rick C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2020 11:06
MarkT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Posts: 7595
More
Bill Bune Closure for Covid #10
Rocky Mountain ATV/MC has been good to me... and they are a sponsor here I think? Link if you scroll down on most pages.

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post Rick C., darinm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart