facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Update your Profile (how to) and Messages!

10 Nov 2019 20:27 10 Nov 2019 20:58 by Makotosun.
Makotosun
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
More
Topic Author
Update your Profile (how to) and Messages! #1
Unfortunately, with all of the upgrades, and the site software trying to accomodate all of the new privacy laws around the globe (GDPR) when you go to update things like your avatar, you will have to take a few extra steps at least the first time. :Arrrgh!

First. when you go to your profile link, you should see something like this (with your user name of course):

Note the various highlighted links. The Edit Profile is what we need first. Click on it and you will get a new page.

The page that loads first will have the avatar upload and is also where you can change your password.

On the second tab (user information) you need to fill in a first and last name, and your country and state (all are required info and you can't save your profile without marking them once.

On the third tab are some required check boxes agreeing to our user and privacy policies. Once checked, tab 2 and 3 will remain filled in.

Going back to the original pic, click on the "My Messages button, and you will get to the messaging component. Everyone should be set to receive messages, however, if you can't here is what to do.

The Compose button lets you . . . compose a message to other users. The Edit settings gives you a drop down which you need to click on and enable each of the three items if they say disabled.

Once you have all that done, you can send messages.

When on the forum, and you want to contact another user from there, just click on their profile avatar or name, and you will go to their profile page where there is a button to send a message to the user.

That's all I got for tonight. Let me know if you have any issues so I can work through the bugs. So far I am really happy with the improved site loading performance, so next is a few cosmetics!

Mako

IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DEETDevinEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminDman