facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Some New Site Stuff

10 Nov 2019 17:26
yamadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
More
Topic Author
Some New Site Stuff #1
So this has really been a horribly complex couple of weeks on the back of the site. :Arrrgh! That being said, I think we are making progress.

You should see significant site performance improvement as I have done a lot of fall cleaning which SHOULD result in a faster, more reliable site.

Your proflie page will look a LOT different. When you go to edit you may find a whole pantload of options not previously there. Forum signatures is NOT one of them. Your old one will remain unchanged (and unchangeable) until I find a workaround for that. I may have to program something which should scare you all! :EEEK

Most of the old avatars are not available as they were part of the old profile system that was a huge part of the problem. So you will need to upload a new avatar if you want one. Please save a copy, as there is a chance this new setup won't be good enough and I'll have to do some more surgery. I think you will see a bland letter based avatar when everything goes live.

Messaging is back in a new form. As it rolls out, there may be a few bumps, so let me know if you have issues with it. When you see that picture outside of this post, it should be working. Still working on full integration.

The market is working and the tech sections are unchanged for the time being. A big overhaul and reorganization is in the works.

The look and feel of the site and the forum may change a bit as I am looking at some spit and polish for the site. The functionality of the forum won't change, though certain buttons could move around. Once things settle down I'll try to post a walk through of updates.

I SURE appreciate all of the patience and support as I work though this. Some of this maintenance has been deferred several years so when the fecal matter hit the fan a couple weekends ago, there really was no other option.

Your Host with the Most,
Mako

Each day follows the last like some sad marching band with no leader. Tuesday is the tuba.

-
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post MarkT, jims175, 2fishkev, swm, Swoop56, Badger52, asco, KennyV, Gr8uncleal, meadeam, Super90, Elpho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Nov 2019 17:44
Badger52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Some New Site Stuff #2
Great news paired with a great pic! Thanks for keeping it simple for the masses!

288501A

10 Nov 2019 17:52
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
Some New Site Stuff #3
We can't do without you Mako so keep up the good work. Appreciated.
The following user(s) Liked this Post Makotosun

10 Nov 2019 18:09
Makotosun
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
More
Some New Site Stuff #4
You're all Moste Welcome!

IF it isn't one thing, it's another.

10 Nov 2019 19:24
yamadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
More
Topic Author
Some New Site Stuff #5
Still working out some bugs in the profiles and messaging. I'll post here when fixed and working (hopefully!)

Each day follows the last like some sad marching band with no leader. Tuesday is the tuba.

-

10 Nov 2019 19:58
yamadmin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
More
Topic Author
Some New Site Stuff #6
Please let me know if you try the messaging and any problems you run into. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I have updated the forum and a new feature (I am not sure if it works or not!) included is actually something I have been bugging the developers for!

There is a new tab that SHOULD display topics you have not yet read! Woo Hoo! The module of recent topics to the right still just lists most recent in descending order, and unread is not an option there, but if it works, you should be able to knock off all the ones you haven't read since you visited last!

let me know if it works and if you like it!

Mako

-
Attachments:

11 Nov 2019 07:08
Elpho
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Some New Site Stuff #7
Unread works for me, a great improvement.

11 Nov 2019 08:00
MarkT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Some New Site Stuff #8
YES! Love the "unread" tab! :OnFire

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250

11 Nov 2019 08:53
Makotosun
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
More
Some New Site Stuff #9
Excellent! At least part of things are working. I am not real happy with the profiles and messaging. Still a work in progress.

IF it isn't one thing, it's another.

Moderators: DEETDevinEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminDman