facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Rt1 to RT2 changes

09 Nov 2019 02:15
Elpho
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Topic Author
Rt1 to RT2 changes #1
I had both as new bikes and now am rebuilding both. The mechanical changes between models seem to be:
Three bolt chain guard became two bolt
Reed valve induction
Different battery
Mechanical advance on timing

What have I missed? My faltering memory says that the RT2 was a much smoother bike to ride, and easier to start. The RT1 fouled plugs every 300 miles but maybe that was the two stroke oil we had at the time. The second plug was always gummed up and no help.

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Nov 2019 13:55
Swoop56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Rt1 to RT2 changes #2
RT1 had mechanical advance , RT1 B and RT2 didn't
RT1 had steel lower fork sliders , RT1 B and RT2 went to aluminium .
RT1 would have had aluminium front guard , RT1 B and RT2 were steel .
The following user(s) Liked this Post Pedalcrazy, Elpho

10 Nov 2019 13:33
Ctune80
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Rt1 to RT2 changes #3
RT1 did not have a compression release for starting, the later RT1B and beyond had a manual Decomression system

The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient.....

10 Nov 2019 16:02
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
Rt1 to RT2 changes #4
Mine would have been a mix n match for sure as had the advance flywheel plus the original cylinder decomp. Piston port RT1 that is. No wonder i could sit on the seat & start it if i wanted to lol. They realy should have carried that flywheel right though to RT3 but suppose too many moving parts to worry about not that they were realy a problem except for wear around the piece that engaged in the cam & no doubt gave slightly fluctuating timing but mine still worked good. Had a look in my farm shed last week & not much left. I know i've sold a few bikes but then i forget [head injury] & think hell where are they--been about a year since looking lol.

Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart