facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

HELP-->Mikuni Needle Jet Valve

25 Mar 2020 18:10
Cruiser84
Novice
Novice
More
Topic Author
HELP-->Mikuni Needle Jet Valve #1
Well folks, I am learning things the hard way and am getting very good at gorilla gripping things and breaking brass of in brass. In this case, I snapped the main jet of my carburetor off into the needle jet valve... rookie mistake and now I'm paying for it... live and learn method over here.

Question is, my needle jet valve is stamped 0-2 164. I've scowered this site and various pages, but can not find this series valve anywhere. Can I replace the 164 series with a different series or will I run into size/fit issues?

My bike is a 1969 DT1B that appears to all original minus the compression release. The carb stock is original as well.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2020 18:33 25 Mar 2020 18:58 by RT325.
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
HELP-->Mikuni Needle Jet Valve #2
Sorry, i'll add my edit on top as the main jet doesn't screw in there on a DT1--& if you have then the thread in there is different so possibly why it broke off. Main screws in the side mount jet & fitting with a rubber )ring fit there to seal into bowl. [if original carb that is].

If ya lucky the jet remains should just wind out then a new main jet & carry on into the sunset--unless your in lockdown like us!! in NZ. Well, way over 70 so i'll probably be shot on sight but need to get to my lockup down the road 100 yards so hope no-one's looking. DT1's by the way never had a compression release [no 250's did] although likely someone could have screwed one into the spare plug hole--which doesn't aid starting but just sounds like a fart in a bottle to stop the motor or give engine braking while imitating a trials bike in a difficult downhill situation. Cheers from NZ & Stay Safe wherever you are.

Here's a layout of the carb & part numbers & pay close attention to Oring number 7 as seals the needle jet into the bowl so the fuel only gets there via the side mounted main jet.
www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcy...1969/dt1b/carburetor
The following user(s) Liked this Post Cruiser84

25 Mar 2020 18:33
Steve F
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
HELP-->Mikuni Needle Jet Valve #3
I checked speedandsportinc.com. They have the jet you twisted off & a nozzle 0-4 series. So I wrote part no's down and checked e-bay. put the part no in the search block & they have it there. Stuff is out there, GOOD LUCK !!

1974 DT250A
1974 DT250A
1974 GT80A
1977 IT175D "Alex'
1978 IT175E "Paul"
"And there ya have it"

25 Mar 2020 19:17 25 Mar 2020 19:17 by Devin.
Devin
Supporting Moderator
Supporting Moderator
More
HELP-->Mikuni Needle Jet Valve #4
It happens, I snapped one last week. I ordered a new one from jetsrus.com and it arrived 2 days later. They would have what you need. Just avoid kit jets and stick to genuine Mikuni .

25 Mar 2020 21:03 25 Mar 2020 21:08 by Rick C..
Rick C.
Collector
Collector
More
HELP-->Mikuni Needle Jet Valve #5
Use a wooden chopstick on the needle jet to pop out and set. May wanna get a new one, that one looks buggered up, Chopstick to re-seat it also.
The following user(s) Liked this Post MarkT

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart