facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

72 CT2 12 volt conversion

22 Oct 2019 21:11
sethygdawg
More
Topic Author
72 CT2 12 volt conversion #1
Hey all im thinking about doing a 12 volt conversion on my ct2 so i can install some leds and not have to deal with finding 6v parts and not being able to see at night. What have you guys done to do this? Ive also heard of the powerdynamo systems and i wondering if any of you have tried those and if theyre worth it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2019 00:01
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
72 CT2 12 volt conversion #2
Some folks have fitted 6v leds with some success.

Have a look for these threads using the "Search Forum" button above.

18 Nov 2019 18:32
JMKady
More
72 CT2 12 volt conversion #3
I run the Powerdynamo in my AT1, it works killer, easiest starting bike in my garage now and night riding is a non issue. If they weren't so $$$ I'd put em in all my old bikes.

I've also 12v converted one of my non-Yamahas to 12v by removing the 6v reg and battery and installing a universal 12v reg. I ran without the reg first and figured out the old "6 volt" charging system would crank out 20v or more when revved up. The only thing that usually hangs up running LEDs is that these old bikes run on A/C voltage, need a rectifier to make most LEDs happy in my experience. Universal reg/rectifier combo units are regularly available though.

Moderators: VinnieDEETyamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDevinJames Hart